Science Forums

Nikola Tesla's black box?

I’ve never heard of Tesla’s black box, but I did see a device that converts gravity into electricity once. When I was a kid taking a trip through the southwest there was an area in the Nevada desert (about 100 miles southeast of area 51) where a structure built into the ground converted the potential energy of gravity directly into usable electrical energy. I recon it’s still there.

~modest

Tesla's papers are available to serious scholars at the Colorado Historical Society in Denver. I think there are upwards of 100 linear feet of documents, but I'm not sure of that.

I've never looked at them myself. I have got the impression, listening to others describing their contents, that I wouldn't understand them anyway. I think a friend of mine developed a patented device of some kind from his interpretation of something in the papers, but I'm not sure about that either.

Looking back at this, I'm reminded of Stephen Leacock's "The Force of Statistics."

--lemit

I’ve never heard of Tesla’s black box, but I did see a device that converts gravity into electricity once. When I was a kid taking a trip through the southwest there was an area in the Nevada desert (about 100 miles southeast of area 51) where a structure built into the ground converted the potential energy of gravity directly into usable electrical energy. I recon it’s still there.

~modest

Hmmmm, let me guess, The Hoover Dam?