Science Forums

Images stretching margins

freeztar

One of my biggest computing pet peeves is the side scroll (or horizontal scroll).

Look here:

http://hypography.com/forums/psychology/20679-good-and-evil-people.html#post277016

It's rather tedious to read such a post because I have to scroll back and forth for every line of text because an image in the post pushed the margins beyond my screen width.

Would it be possible to either constrain image widths through some sort of filter (using HTTP width="x") or else constrain the margins so anything that overreaches is cutoff rather than extended?

Not a huge deal, but I thought I'd mention it. :)

Been battling with that for ever.

I tend to ignore threads where members paste such big pics, because scrolling left and right for every single line just grinds my gears.

But then I got my awesome wide LCD, so it's not bugging me any more.

I see when you load a clip it says that you're limited to pics of 600x604, so it's not supposed to happen. Maybe vBulletin lets bigger size files slip through, somehow. But it seems there is a mechanism to limit it.

One of my biggest computing pet peeves is the side scroll (or horizontal scroll).

Look here:

http://hypography.com/forums/psychology/20679-good-and-evil-people.html#post277016

It's rather tedious to read such a post because I have to scroll back and forth for every line of text because an image in the post pushed the margins beyond my screen width.

Would it be possible to either constrain image widths through some sort of filter (using HTTP width="x") or else constrain the margins so anything that overreaches is cutoff rather than extended?

Not a huge deal, but I thought I'd mention it. :)

Firefox has a nice little zoom feature (ctrl-scroll wheel). Zoom out to see the entire page, zoom in to read teeny type.

Yet another reason for using Firefox. :)