Science Forums

Essay for school

This is not an accurate depiction of a water molecuel and seems a bit too far fetched for my interests.

That's ok. It was just an idea. May I ask, you say the essay is on the "qualities of water"—what do you mean by this? Can you explain more specifically the nature of the essay?

I find sand to be an interestin quality towater and yet I can see no vaidation for supposin this. I was asking for primarially ths reason and if anyone knew if I am mistake or not.

thanks,

QS

Sand is not a property of water, but sand is made by water. Rock, coral, and minerals are subjected to erosion and weathering and subjected to abrasion from rivers and waves in the ocean. Over a very long time the large rocks are crushed into fine sand mostly due to water.

How is sand formed?

Sand is created from the weathering and erosion of rock and rock particles to a size that is between .06-2.0 mm in diameter. Sand deposits can be of quartz particles, gypsum particles, fractured obsidian, oolites, glauconite, shell or coral fragments, or other mineral or rock material.

Sand creation processes include the following steps:

1. Larger rock is broken down into progressively smaller and smaller particles by mostly mechanical weathering which include abrasion during transportation, freeze/thaw cycles, and fracture from gravity induced impacts.

2. The mechanically weathered rocks are now further weathered and reduced in size by the effects of chemical weathering, either through the chemical interactions with naturally acidic rainfall and water or from chemicals released by organisms.

3. At a certain size, the rock particles are easily transported and tossed about by wind and water. The abrasion of particle against particle further reduces their size. Eventually in the erosion process, the particles are carried by wind and can form dunes, or are carried by water to river banks, lakes, or seas where they can form beaches.

~modest

stormy-the tear ducts work to wash out the eye-not just emotions

you do not have to equate romance with tears

I do and so do other people who would explain tear in terms of scientific process connected to sexuality and gender issue :twocents: I do not lose my gender concern for my dillignce and prudence.

I think gender tear duct work both for both sex. If Iexplain that I feel embarass.

That's ok. It was just an idea. May I ask, you say the essay is on the "qualities of water"—what do you mean by this? Can you explain more specifically the nature of the essay?

Sand is not a property of water, but sand is made by water. Rock, coral, and minerals are subjected to erosion and weathering and subjected to abrasion from rivers and waves in the ocean. Over a very long time the large rocks are crushed into fine sand mostly due to water.

~modest

See you imply man and woman gender is discriminate aganist i say no!

My essay is about water. I am supposed to create an essay on the lessons we have been be taught of water. We have been talk about water and stuff for days. It is really rather stupid.

stormy.....modest implied no such thing

here for starters try this

google "what is the chemical composition of tears?" and do the same for saltwater. Now if you really want to get creative google the composition of the Dead Sea-

Dead sea is like 90% salt or 99% salt water right?... :twocents: Yeah wll that is still salt water are tear salt wate yeah I guess but Still that is same thing. Maybe not butI take no chance.

I am going to as I say every day now about this stupid essay thing do a importance of water to society (economical and benificial) and then explain how amazing water is and then explain its chemical compounds. I want to make sure I have covered enouh gound about water to speak of its hyper real aspects they talk about every day.:singer:

Its [sic] a biology class I just started freshman hear [sic] of collage [sic].

Is the essay supposed to be written in English? :twocents:

For information on the composition of sea water, I would recommend checking out the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics. You'll get a lot of quantitative statistics there. Said statistics may be helpful in enhancing your essay.

Is the essay supposed to be written in English? :twocents:

For information on the composition of sea water, I would recommend checking out the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics. You'll get a lot of quantitative statistics there. Said statistics may be helpful in enhancing your essay.

No they wont eiter. I dnt do a gender discrimination in a public essay.

Stormy...where are you going with these gender comments?

you need to do the google search

start with the composition of tears and then do the Dead Sea- this should make for an interesting approach. Please, for your rough draft, use the spell check. College is not high school and if you would like to be taken seriously and have respect from your teachers, presentation is key:)

Stormy...where are you going with these gender comments?

you need to do the google search

start with the composition of tears and then do the Dead Sea- this should make for an interesting approach. Please, for your rough draft, use the spell check. College is not high school and if you would like to be taken seriously and have respect from your teachers, presentation is key:)

Ah you dont know what you mean. If I expose a lengthy essay regarding gender issues about qualities of water it ruins everything. It's not "scientific" in that its a biology class. The presentation of the essay is why I posted this here in the first place.

Ah! But do you know what is not gender neutral?

Not Ranked : +0 / -0 0 score

Re: essay for school

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way you might think of a story having a protagonist (a hero / someone who tells the story or who the story is about) is the way you could use a single molecule of water.

The story would start 5 billion years ago when a water molecule notices a solar nebula collapsing into a star. It witnesses the formation of earth and falls with all its brothers and sisters to the planet's surface (turning from a gas into a liquid). It plays a key role in the creation of life. It helps a plant grow and quenches the thirst of Kings. It turns iron into rust and sunk the titanic. Etc.

The story would end with the water molecule being part of the ink of the period after the last sentence of the essay.

Whatever you decide, you could post a draft here in the thread and I'm sure people would love to help with it.

~modest

Read this post carefully.

Also see below with regard to meteors and tear justice. I am a defender of equal right for genders. In this threa it is asked I throw away the gauntlet with regard tears and water, and the iron in the system is also mentioned by someone here. This is turning into a heated discussion regarding tear justice: Gender differences and water. :shrug:

nothing stupid about asking a genuine question.

water justice; here ya go: >>

Quote:

Originally Posted by NASA

May 18, 2001 -- Last year comet C/1999 S4 (better known as "Comet LINEAR") surprised astronomers by breaking apart as it passed near the Sun. Now the long-dead comet has surprised them again: New research shows Comet LINEAR was likely made up of water with the same isotopic composition as water found here on Earth. The finding supports a controversial idea that cometary impacts billions of years ago could have provided most of the water in Earth's oceans. ...

A Taste for Comet Water

on the matter of tears, some justice as well: >>

I didnt find this thread until after it was closed (but before it was re-opened).

I have not laughed this hard in a long time. Tears running down my face laughing.

I dont know if QS meant it this way, but I for one think the people who tried to help should continue to help. I wanna see this essay finished.