Science Forums

Essay for school

Hi guys I'm new here. I have a homework assignment to write about the quaities of water. I thought to elaorate a bit on its history yet I know next to nothing of what has created it. I am trying to come up with something really creative so I was asking for you guys help so I could come up with something a little better than just its hydrogen and oxygen molecules and uses to society. I find sand to be an interestin quality towater and yet I can see no vaidation for supposin this. I was asking for primarially ths reason and if anyone knew if I am mistake or not.

thanks,

QS

Water is the most fascinating molecule in the universe. No other comes close. Some interesting facts:

• Water is a polar molecule.
  • Water is one of the few substances that expands when it freezes
  • Liquid water is necessary for life.
  • The surface of the earth is 70% water and the human body is 70% water.

There are a lot more, but my brain is working slow today.

An interesting essay might be to tell the history of the earth from water's point of view. Without water the earth would look like the moon... or perhaps like mars. Water started as steam when the earth originally formed. The planet cooled enough for it to rain which it did for millions of years until the whole surface was covered in a single ocean. Comets bombarded the ocean bringing more water.

Land rose out of the depths bringing lakes and rivers to life, and speaking of life: water was there when the first chemical reactions became self-reproducing life. It was the medium allowing the chemistry to happen. You can google search "snowball earth" and "ice age" for lots of interesting details.

~modest

EDIT: Yes! Donk's idea is good. I heard Richard Dawkins say that some of the water molecules in each person on earth was once part of Julius Caesar. So, an interesting narrative could certainly be told from a single molecule's perspective. :rotfl: I like it!

YOU may like it, but would the teachers? It has to be something free from discrimination or water injustice Water is just as water as anything else is, and although a good story would revolve around a single molecule of water, a better story would revolve around what a single water molecule consists in besides julias ceaser. If you think about it water is in a part a reaon for the existence of our worl being how it is with not only physical things in our world but also conscious thngs and so a water, even physical or material in its sense or place, has no right to be called (philosophically?) "water molecule bomb project." It would rther be appropriate to word it as a project wherein water is seen from the perspective of a genuine satisfaction, and thus, I asked about the quality of the tear (an aspect of water in herant to us, and freefrom discrimination.)

Anyway these are my ideas I know im stupd but thanks fr the welcome to the forum it is good to be here surely.

The way you might think of a story having a protagonist (a hero / someone who tells the story or who the story is about) is the way you could use a single molecule of water.

The story would start 5 billion years ago when a water molecule notices a solar nebula collapsing into a star. It witnesses the formation of earth and falls with all its brothers and sisters to the planet's surface (turning from a gas into a liquid). It plays a key role in the creation of life. It helps a plant grow and quenches the thirst of Kings. It turns iron into rust and sunk the titanic. Etc.

The story would end with the water molecule being part of the ink of the period after the last sentence of the essay.

Whatever you decide, you could post a draft here in the thread and I'm sure people would love to help with it.

~modest

The way you might think of a story having a protagonist (a hero / someone who tells the story or who the story is about) is the way you could use a single molecule of water.

The story would start 5 billion years ago when a water molecule notices a solar nebula collapsing into a star. It witnesses the formation of earth and falls with all its brothers and sisters to the planet's surface (turning from a gas into a liquid). It plays a key role in the creation of life. It helps a plant grow and quenches the thirst of Kings. It turns iron into rust and sunk the titanic. Etc.

The story would end with the water molecule being part of the ink of the period after the last sentence of the essay.

Whatever you decide, you could post a draft here in the thread and I'm sure people would love to help with it.

~modest

This is not an accurate depiction of a water molecuel and seems a bit too far fetched for my interests.

I should look elsewhere as your depiction of the water molecule as a destructor or creator of life is all of what defines the natural beauty of a water molecules depiction with real life events.

Water molecules have absolutely nothing to do ink and ending of essays. What your describing here seems a lot like a high ordered anarchism without any cause.

The natural aspect of a water molecue comes from its usage in life and with none of the aspects you've mentioned above. I would describe a water molecule as a part of existence to study and understands its use.

There is no deciding what to do. I may have to find another forum to find the appropriate information I seek. This forum is far too judgemental and "serious".

YOU may like it, but would the teachers? It has to be something free from discrimination or water injustice Water is just as water as anything else is, and although a good story would revolve around a single molecule of water, a better story would revolve around what a single water molecule consists in besides julias ceaser. If you think about it water is in a part a reaon for the existence of our worl being how it is with not only physical things in our world but also conscious thngs and so a water, even physical or material in its sense or place, has no right to be called (philosophically?) "water molecule bomb project." It would rther be appropriate to word it as a project wherein water is seen from the perspective of a genuine satisfaction, and thus, I asked about the quality of the tear (an aspect of water in herant to us, and freefrom discrimination.)

Anyway these are my ideas I know im stupd but thanks fr the welcome to the forum it is good to be here surely.

nothing stupid about asking a genuine question.

water justice; here ya go: >>

May 18, 2001 -- Last year comet C/1999 S4 (better known as "Comet LINEAR") surprised astronomers by breaking apart as it passed near the Sun. Now the long-dead comet has surprised them again: New research shows Comet LINEAR was likely made up of water with the same isotopic composition as water found here on Earth. The finding supports a controversial idea that cometary impacts billions of years ago could have provided most of the water in Earth's oceans. ...

A Taste for Comet Water

on the matter of tears, some justice as well: >>

Sunday, June 3, 2001

...Dr William Frey working at the St Paul-Ramsay Medical Centre in Minnesota, USA, has carried out some in-depth research into the chemistry of tears.

Recently, Frey’s team discovered several hormones in both tears and lachrymal glands that are known to be released by the body in response to emotions and stress.

The discovery of the particular combination of molecules that make up natural tears could result in the production of eye drops that are better able to perform all functions of natural tears. ...

The Sunday Tribune - Spectrum - Article

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,130,000 for chemistry of tears.

chemistry of tears - Google Search

hang on there stormy, you asked for creativity in your opening question and hence that is what has been addressed. If you need to look at water composition from what angle then? 65-90 percent found in human body or the make up of tears such as salt, antibodies and such - we could equate that to oceanic saltwater if you like.Give me something to work with here and we can work on the A:)

...The natural aspect of a water molecue comes from its usage in life and with none of the aspects you've mentioned above. I would describe a water molecule as a part of existence to study and understands its use.

There is no deciding what to do. I may have to find another forum to find the appropriate information I seek. This forum is far too judgemental and "serious".

sounds rather trollish all of a sudden. :ohdear: spelling goes good and the ad hominum pen accompanies the special insight only you possess. :singer:

buh bye then. :twocents:

sounds rather trollish all of a sudden. :ohdear: spelling goes good and the ad hominum pen accompanies the special insight only you possess. :singer:

buh bye then. :twocents:

He was very rude.

I am trying to do something creative. The infomation has been very helpful. I fear using any inforation regaring water which brings into play the issues of equal rights of gendrs. Im sorry if I ask too hard a question for ansering.

I want to be able to understand a creative life like way of explainig a water molecule that is non lke you know grauate level.

This is a very nice forum by the way... I idea ona essay is that I am gonna explain the properties which make water important to our world, in the first part of the essay. In the second part of the essay I am going to explain why water is a chemical compound which is extreme and facinating. In third part of essay I am going to explain what the chemical comounds are but I don' knowwhat they are very well. I guess wikipedia would be helpful. Thank You For The Advice!