Science Forums

Why We Need Any Religions?

velasoraptor

I think your paper lacks in many ways, and is pretty uninteresting. It labels people as idiots, and it does not back up central claims.

Statements like "religions are established to give knowledge of creator to common peoples" need backing up. (not all religions have a creator, and who are "common" peoples?).

Same with the claim that information is kept hidden. By whom? Why?

And...

I think all world religions are established by some Extraterrestrial life forms

seems unrelated and lacks any kind of relevance and evidence.

Tormod, i think you haven't search the net much?

instead of asking for proofs and validations please search google for following terms:

extraterrestrial gods

eric von daniken

chariots of the gods

also do your own research e.g. ask religious leaders in your area (dosen't matter what religion you belong to) about origin of your religion. please correlate their answers with modern scientific facts. use your own thinking power to see why your religion was actually established for and what is its current condition? are you yourself truly following as whats written in the holy texts.

Think wisely on this topic. i know this is not easy to digest if your are too religious person.

but come outside of your religion think yourself as free man not belonging to any religion and then look upon the things again. slowly you will believe what i want to actually mean.

Ok. :dog:

Tormod, i think you haven't search the net much?

instead of asking for proofs and validations please search google for following terms:

extraterrestrial gods

eric von daniken

chariots of the gods

A web search without understanding context yields no productive information.

For instance, if you searched for the terms above, and then do a separate search with the words "religious nutcases", "UFO loonies", "crazy" or "delusion", you might be astounded at the overlap in results.

Think wisely on this topic.

Touché.

Sub-consciously, all religions are based on the following question,

What happens after death, does soul exist?

Religions are to explore this field as science is so futile about it.

does the soul exist while alive?

science is futile hawkins because you are referring to something that is intangible and a concept:)

• 2 weeks later...

science is futile hawkins because you are referring to something that is intangible and a concept:)

Science is futile for 2 reasons, science is futile in stone age about the existence electrons, it's because science it bound by time.

Science is futile as science is the discovery of natural rules existing in our physcal world, which is 3D spatile sphere with some particles bound within, outside which science know nothing.

It's believed soul exists while you are alive, you can't think without your soul. Your brain is a part taker in your thinking process. Can science refute what I said here, apparantly no.

Science is futile for 2 reasons, science is futile in stone age about the existence electrons, it's because science it bound by time.

This doesn't make any sense.

Science is futile as science is the discovery of natural rules existing in our physcal world, which is 3D spatile sphere with some particles bound within, outside which science know nothing.

Astronomy

It's believed soul exists while you are alive, you can't think without your soul. Your brain is a part taker in your thinking process. Can science refute what I said here, apparantly no.

Science can refute it quite easily actually. Neuroscience is quite advanced and a soul has never been found. Should science one day discover the soul, the books will be rewritten. But until that time, the soul is of little interest to science, much like pots of gold at the end of a rainbow.

This doesn't make any sense.

It makes perfect sense, as science doesn't work in the following 3 cases,

1. something existing but science is not advance enough to discover. For example, electrions in stone age.

2. something beyond this 3D spatial material world

3. something that is not existing.

And in any of the above cases, you need faith to believe as sicence dosn't work.

It makes perfect sense, as science doesn't work in the following 3 cases,

1. something existing but science is not advance enough to discover. For example, electrions in stone age.

Sorry to pop your bubble, but that is exactly what science is about - the discovery of new things.

2. something beyond this 3D spatial material world

Like what? Describe what you mean, and we can rig up a test for it.

3. something that is not existing.

Now that one had me falling out of my chair. If something does not exist, then it (insert drum roll round about... HERE) does not exist. Then neither science nor anything else will help you with it, because it simply does not exist. You cannot have made up this list with a straight face, surely.

And in any of the above cases, you need faith to believe as sicence dosn't work.

You are too ill-informed regarding the most basic tenets of a)Science, b)Religion, c)Philosophy to have a serious opinion regarding these matters.

Some advice, and I mean it in the kindest way possible; go to your local library and read up some.

Some advice, and I mean it in the kindest way possible; go to your local library and read up some.

OR...the internet. Register with the best science forum on the net, and ask some very knowledgeable people, who seem to have the time to give your posts attention, and are absolutely capable of answering questions like "is there is soul?" from the perspective of current science. But then... the Library won't treat you condescendingly, will it?

how about just opening a dictionary

soul

1. the principle of life, feeling, thought, and action in humans, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body; the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical part.

2. the spiritual part of humans regarded in its moral aspect, or as believed to survive death and be subject to happiness or misery in a life to come

3. the disembodied spirit of a deceased person

science is futile hawkins because you are referring to something that is intangible and a concept

worth reiterating

Quote:

Originally Posted by me

science is futile hawkins because you are referring to something that is intangible and a concept

worth reiterating

Then there is the idea of out of the body experiences, some people have indeed had some inexplicable experiences of OBE's, Dream states that seem to be real. Could these be indications of the soul? Could people who share dreams and or dream states be connected via the soul? Of course we cannot prove these things but they may indeed be the way the idea of the soul came to be. :eek2: Once such an idea become wide spread it is difficult for people to stop thinking of it as real since their dreams and or other strange experiences seem to collaborate the idea of soul.