Science Forums

What happened to the Status Panel at the Top Right?

So, there used to be a status panel up toward the top right of the screen. It was a quick drop-down informing you of any new visitor messages to your profile, new private messages, rep comments, friendship requests, etc.

I notice it used to be there, but isn't any longer (unless I'm getting blind in my old age). With all of this new social networking functionality at Hypo, it's somewhat difficult to know when new activity has happened without that status panel.

Just curious if you'd consider bringing it back. I always found that feature enormously useful and user friendly.

Hope things are well otherwise. Cheers. :lol:

Yeah, that's just the User CP, which I can get from Quicklinks. This was something different. It was a notification pane... sort of a drop-down when something new came in, and present on every page.

Oh... and the "Today's Post" link is completely gone when viewing as a Guest (not logged in). That's a slight pain in the arse, but I've bookmarked the search.php?do=getdaily search URL, so no biggie.

EDIT: MB - It looked something like this:

post-2694-128210106652_thumb.jpg

This is the way it has been for quite some time now. The current design does not have the "status" area but the Inbox link at the top is supposed to show the number of messages you have. Not sure why it doesn't work.

Visitors don't see the right hand menu, this is a design choice. The current template is likely to be replaced soon due to required updates.

Right on. This isn't criticism, just a genuine question.

I've had a bunch of friendship requests and rep comments that I didn't know about despite having logged in and posted numerous times.

For a while, I remember there being a notification drop-down for all new comments, PMs, visitor messages, rep, friendship requests, etc. Realized it was gone when I found new friend requests sitting in my inbox for like a month.

Basically, I felt bad because it looked like I was ignoring this person... but not really. I just didn't know it was there.

Thanks for the quick response, guys. Enjoy.

It has been difficult to make changes lately due to much work in Real Life. B)

We are going back to the basic vBulletin design in the near future, with a simpler "hypographized" look. Then the core features of vBulletin will all be back, including the PM/Inbox dropdown thingy.

• 2 weeks later...
So, there used to be a status panel up toward the top right of the screen. It was a quick drop-down informing you of any new visitor messages to your profile, new private messages, rep comments, friendship requests, etc.

It is now back. It was a simple fix but I had mixed up two templates...our system is a bit rough to handle in that sense. But it works now! ;) :)