Science Forums

Bare chested women?

:hyper: lions & tigers & bares, oh my! :hyper: :hyper: i think it stems from a size/comparison/fitness judgement thingy, whether it be breasts or penises (penii? :hyper:), as in judging fitness for sexual/reproductive readiness. no bresasts on female, not ready; saggy breasts on female, too late; pert breasts on female, that looks promising. :hyper: little dink, no competition with my junk; grizzled dink, no competition anymore; enormous schwanstucher, i can't compete with this! :hyper:

I think you're on to something here.... I myself was making some sort of a pseudo-freudian reference... but you've made something out of my nothing

And at the risk of being off topic... I prefer bear chested women myself.
I'm not judging, but wouldn't that mean you're attracted to men? :hyper:

Erhm, not necessarily. Which brings us to yet another reason the gals don't want to go around with their breasts exposed; hairy nipple syndrome. :hyper:

Family Affairs: HAIRY NIPPLE SYNDROME

I remember seeing a woman at the swimming pool once with the hairiest nipples in the world and thinking how revolting it was and wondering whether she was going to use a hairdryer to dry them and hoping that she didn't have children of breast feeding age because they would all suffer from hair balls and die. ...

I myself was making some sort of a pseudo-freudian reference... but you've made something out of my nothing.

That's why they pay me the big bucks. :hyper: Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar; but it always looks like a schlong. :hyper:

In the Canadian province of Ontario, it is the confirmed legal right of women to walk around topless.

Not many DO, but they CAN.

So, there aren't topless college girls around all the time, even in the middle of the winter? You mean all those teen-exploitation movies are wrong?

What would be the use of living in a college town--like I do--if I couldn't see naked coeds everywhere?

Really. That's a question I keep asking myself.

--lemit

p.s. While I'm apologizing to everybody, I definitely don't want to leave you out. I don't want to have an angry, vengeful GAHD around.

Want a female voice?

The reason topless women went out of style is because the world did have a minor change - that is, religion became dominant in almost everything, even clothing. The fashion was now that the most attractive woman was also angelic, pure, saintly. Thus, why virginity became a big deal. Also why women had to cover themselves up.

And because the world is so immensely lazy, very little has changed. There are people who claim complete atheism, yet they do not realise that they are living by a religion society's standards - that is, virginity, and covering themselves up.

And because the world is so immensely lazy, very little has changed. There are people who claim complete atheism, yet they do not realise that they are living by a religion society's standards - that is, virginity, and covering themselves up.

Or maybe the 'atheists' cover themselves up because 1) there are laws against indecent exposure; 2) they are already self-concious, considering the breasts stimulate sexual arousal regardless of religion; 3) its cold outside. I don't doubt that religion had influence in such matters, but the issue of clothing goes beyond that at this point. Everyone lives by society's standards (most of the time) whether they know the history of their beliefs or not. Implying that only atheists do so is a hasty generalization.

Or maybe the 'atheists' cover themselves up because 1) there are laws against indecent exposure; 2) they are already self-concious, considering the breasts stimulate sexual arousal regardless of religion; 3) its cold outside.

I vote strongly for 3) !!! :eek::hyper::eek: !!!

Cultures around the world demonstrate this effect nicely. Those cultures that bundle up

are coincident with those climate that are hard to survive the winter without clothing. There are

exceptions that prove the rule such as bathing in the winter in northern Canada, Norway, etc (can't have a rule without an exception -- Murdock's Law of Exceptions). ;)

I would hazard to guess that the choice of freezing to death or not had not (or little)

religious (lack thereof -- [atheism]) component to it.

I don't doubt that religion had influence in such matters, but the issue of clothing goes beyond that at this point. Everyone lives by society's standards (most of the time) whether they know the history of their beliefs or not. Implying that only atheists do so is a hasty generalization.

Everyone lives by society's standards even when they deviate from it by flaunting the

opposite. It is just the other side of the same coin. Same goes for religion or lack thereof. :hyper::D

maddog

I do not mean to state that by being an atheist you must not wear clothing; obviously there are other purposes for clothing other than covering up horrible parts that are forbidden OMGBOOBS, such as their original purpose to keep warm.

However, in places where men are freely allowed to wear their creepy speedos that show their unnaturally protruding junk, I believe that the main reason women do not do the same is because a) it is illegal, true, but also :hihi: it is the cultural norm to cover breasts. And it is the cultural norm due to religious implications.

I do not mean to state that by being an atheist you must not wear clothing; obviously there are other purposes for clothing other than covering up horrible parts that are forbidden OMGBOOBS, such as their original purpose to keep warm.

I didn't take the interpretation that Atheists (my apologies to all who dislike the capital 'A'),

are Nudists. I just stress that adversity for Nudists, even the "bare chest variety" to practice

their craft in the dead of winter in extreme Northern (or Southern) Latitudes. ;)

However, in places where men are freely allowed to wear their creepy speedos that show their unnaturally protruding junk, I believe that the main reason women do not do the same is because a) it is illegal, true, but also B) it is the cultural norm to cover breasts. And it is the cultural norm due to religious implications.

There are many men who wear 'speedos' for swimsuits that may need a talking to by

"Fashion Police" were they to exist. Then there are many places (beaches I aware of)

that allow Bare Chests (even Nude) in the US (more around the World).

The "prudishness" of the US is coming from a Puritan origin (Northeast US). Not everyone

is that way, though is in our heritage. For instance at Indiana University (IU) in

Bloomington, IN where I attended college first, there were unused/abandoned quarries

that were now filled with water. All the students knew where they were. Clothing Optional,

so nobody wore any (typical students). I would venture, that near each college was some

method where students could let loose and be free (except for maybe seminaries or

convents, etc).

maddog

ps: Maybe should the Daily Average Global Mean Temperature (DAGMT) were to become

significantly higher, a rallying cry for a Clothing Optional Society would become normal.

Who knows.... :shrug:

I've been away from this thread for a while. When did it switch to bare chested atheists? And, for that matter, why? I keep missing all these connections. I couldn't even figure out how a child on a staircase was doing science, so it makes sense that I couldn't see the connection between bare breasts and atheism.

Sorry to bother. Please continue your discussion of naked atheists. If the discussion turns to bare chested Baptists or nudist Jehovah's Witnesses, let me know.

--lemit

Girls breasts are only sexual if cuz the only time we really gits to see em iz when we's be gettin sum...boy's gots breasts too....so do chickens....no big deal...as too bare breasted women in public in similar situations to those where men roam shirtless....it's goin to be a long time comming if ever...damn religion....course then again I wouldn't want guys oggling my wifeys hooties....maybe tis a good thing ('sides a feller could get hurt if his mrs. were to notice him noticin another womans hooties)

Girls breasts are only sexual if cuz the only time we really gits to see em iz when we's be gettin sum...boy's gots breasts too....so do chickens....no big deal...as too bare breasted women in public in similar situations to those where men roam shirtless....it's goin to be a long time comming if ever...damn religion....course then again I wouldn't want guys oggling my wifeys hooties....maybe tis a good thing ('sides a feller could get hurt if his mrs. were to notice him noticin another womans hooties)

Actually, the breast thing is more cultural. Many African countries do not associate the breasts with sexuality so much, so women can easily bare their breasts. Instead, the thigh is never shown in public and is a very sexual object.

By the way, breasts are sexual because of nipples sensitivity and general sensitivity during arousal. Men's nipples are also sensitive, and so is their chest, so that argument is invalid.

By the way, breasts are sexual because of nipples sensitivity and general sensitivity during arousal. Men's nipples are also sensitive, and so is their chest, so that argument is invalid.
my point exactly, men's got breasts too....what arguement?

Actually, the breast thing is more cultural. Many African countries do not associate the breasts with sexuality so much, so women can easily bare their breasts
Basicly the direction I was tryin to go but me brains failed me...also my point as once western morality is introduced their breasts dissapear under cover as well....(western morality being guided mostly by the various derivitives of christianity)...(unfortunately)

Take that they are always hidden from view, and that viewing them is taboo unless yer in a relationship with the bearer of said boobies....and that generally you still only rarely get's to touch and see them (pretty much durin' foreplay, sex, and after sex snuggle)...they tantalize us....their naked presence generally leadin to sex....of course after years of marriage the excitement of the naked boobie fades with plentiful daily exposure:) most of which not leading to sex:(

I dunno me brains startin to fade again...

I've tried polling several woman at random about this and so far I've been slapped five times, called a perv six times and had the absolute **** kicked out of me twice.

Of course we all know how painful getting polled can be:naughty:

I used to have a friend and coworker who would walk up to women on the street and ask them to have sex with him. He said he was willing to take the beatings because maybe one in a hundred would say yes.

I supervised the friend for about six months and got really upset about all those mornings he showed up hours late and much the worse for wear. I'm not sure which answer caused the bruises. I didn't want to ask.

--lemit

p.s. Good luck with that polling. Are you using a ten-footer?