Science Forums

Thanks for accepting me and God bless us all

gopalan

:read:

I'm a citizen of Malaysia, a country in South East Asia. I'm of Indian origin from the state of Kerala. However, my people have been in this country for 3 generations. "Saya Anak Malaysia" (SAM). That's "I'm a Child of Malaysia" in the common Malaysian Language.

"Salam" is a common word for "greetings" here and also in Northern India and the Middle East. It is related to the "Shalom" of Hebrew.

I've wide ranging interests in matters related to Science n Tech, though my background is in Finance n Banking. I'm also handy with screwdriver, plier, solder iron...(you get the idea :rip:)

I always try to be in touch with new developments in Science, Tech n Health (in that order, or is it all the same? :D My computers mutate often and I "disembowel" them sometimes, but I'm no geek ;) Was up till 4am last night killing the "AdwareSpy" malware in my laptop and was late for church in the morning. I had to go into the System n Hidden files to get it out. If you come across a site adwarespy.com, stay far away from it (malware disguised as anti adware/spyware :Alien:

So guys n gals, sorry if this post has taken too much of your time/bandwith/energy/diskspace/patience/memory!! :D

(Or maybe too little ;) ;) :hyper: Bye

Undukalinya? Hope you're not surprised that I asked "Have you eaten?" It's actually a form of greeting among all (as far as I know) of the communities here. Shows where our priorities are. Food is one of the things which unites the all kinds of people in Malaysia. Actually my Malayalam is rusty from disuse. The common language amongst the people of Indian origin here is Tamil, even the Punjabis, Gujaratis, Telugans and Pakistanis. Even my muthima, who was born in Kerala and used to read and write in Malayalam, habitually spoke in Tamil. Anyway, English (or rather Manglish) is the preferred form of communication among peoples of Indian origins here.

My first language is English followed by Malaysian Language, Tamil, Malayalam and a few Chinese dialects. Its common to be familiar with a two or more languages for Malaysians.

Thanks for reaching accross the oceans to welcome me to Hypography. I've looked at some of your animated documentaries. They're very good. "A picture paints a thousand words" so a series of pictures paints millions/billions/....? I've a very deep need to know and understand which borders on the obsessive/compulsive. The Web was invented for people like me, thank God. An animation provides many times more info than reading a book. Carry on the good work.

I followed your link to webpaint.com. I'd like to ask if I can download the animations. If so do I have to register at webpaint.com? Watching on You Tube is a pain because of the jerkiness and slowness. A 5 minute feature can stretch to 30 or more minutes. Still, just 10 years ago, I'd not even be access such content. As I said above, thank God. He put me in this time and place with the resources. It's a blessing.

God bless us all. Ciao.

Undukalinya? Hope you're not surprised that I asked "Have you eaten?" It's actually a form of greeting among all (as far as I know) of the communities here. Shows where our priorities are. Food is one of the things which unites the all kinds of people in Malaysia. Actually my Malayalam is rusty from disuse. The common language amongst the people of Indian origin here is Tamil, even the Punjabis, Gujaratis, Telugans and Pakistanis. Even my muthima, who was born in Kerala and used to read and write in Malayalam, habitually spoke in Tamil. Anyway, English (or rather Manglish) is the preferred form of communication among peoples of Indian origins here.

My first language is English followed by Malaysian Language, Tamil, Malayalam and a few Chinese dialects. Its common to be familiar with a two or more languages for Malaysians.

Thanks for reaching accross the oceans to welcome me to Hypography. I've looked at some of your animated documentaries. They're very good. "A picture paints a thousand words" so a series of pictures paints millions/billions/....? I've a very deep need to know and understand which borders on the obsessive/compulsive. The Web was invented for people like me, thank God. An animation provides many times more info than reading a book. Carry on the good work.

I followed your link to webpaint.com. I'd like to ask if I can download the animations. If so do I have to register at webpaint.com? Watching on You Tube is a pain because of the jerkiness and slowness. A 5 minute feature can stretch to 30 or more minutes. Still, just 10 years ago, I'd not even be access such content. As I said above, thank God. He put me in this time and place with the resources. It's a blessing.

God bless us all. Ciao.

Hi :rockon:

Were you talking to me? i have not yet released any animated documenteries... or have i :rockon: ?

Aade Vithuthu, Hypography la vannakam gopalan! (tamil :agree: )

Regards

TBA

Sorry. :doh: Yes the post was in response to the reply from:

"The Black Alchemist

SAVIOU... Err... EDITOR- Hypography Science Forums" :hihi:

After struggling with the malware :evil: "adwarespy" the WWW dropped to about 35 kbps. :)

So forgive my lack of manners in not addressing my post to "The Black Alchemist" :ohdear: "maaf" (Sorry in Malaysian Language.) Forgot it was a puplic place, so you won't know who I address even though I :yell: ;)

So, "The Black Alchemist", I think I pray :bow: more when I'm on the Web than anywhere else. :whew: Thole (nuisance in Tamil) :Crunk: Murphy's Law you know. Just pick :Happy: myself up and go on.

:wave2: Bye :wave2:

:steering: :)

Salam, lemit (a Malaysian form of greeting),

Ya, Viruses:ghost: and other malware:edevil: are the bane:sick: of the PC era, especially since Microsoft:joker: puts out such buggy:computerkick: software. Can you imagine buying a car and then having to patch it every other day? That is called a lemon:lemon: So we've to use lemon software because, by design and chance, it's the default:rant_red2:

I've wanted to use Linux for years:daydreaming: but never got started on the learning:read: curve. I'm comfortable with DOS so I should be able to pick up on Linux:idea: right? Any comment from Linux users out there? :clue:

What happens then? Well PC users try to play :hyper: safe:turtle: and try to not try new things (that's thrice try). :sad:SAD:tearhair:SAD:cry:SAD:Angry:

So, :hihi:guys and gals:hihi: out there, please give your 2 cents :smart: worth to enlighten us, pleeese? :ideamaybenot:

Thanks:rockon: guys and gals. Hope to hear from you all soon.

:shrug: :steering:

:wave2:Bye:wave2:

Do yourself a favor and download a linux distro!

I'm from the DOS era as well and linux has not been a big hurdle (learning curve) at all. :ideamaybenot:

Check out Ubuntu. You can download an iso file that you can burn to a cd. You can boot from the cd and check it out before you install. You will most likely just install it though. :steering:

I'm typing from Ubuntu 8.04 right now. I recommend going with this version right now as the latest version seems to have some nasty bugs.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes over on the "Switched to Linux...now what" thread in the comp sci forum.

Do yourself a favor and download a linux distro!

:clue: :)

Vanakam, freeztar (Tamil for "greetings")

:ideamaybenot: Nandri (Thanks) for your 2 posts. "Have you eaten" as a greeting only applies in the physical world. It implies that if either one is hungry, the other will accompany them at least for a drink:tea: It's a form of bonding and it is no fun to do anything with hungry stomach anyway. Can't do it in Cyberworld. As the Frenchman in "The Matrix Reloaded" says, 'Who has time for such contrivances?'

:bouquet:Much appreciate the info on Ubuntu Linux.:steering:

I will download it, burn and run and see. I also have a copy of :spin:Windows 7 RC:spin: (Release Candidate). Took me a week+ :sweat:to download it (few hours per day). I thought of installing it on a second partition, but hesitate:Unsure: as I don't have the time to undo any damage to my PC. It expires end June 2010. Probably try to install it on an external drive. Have to buy one though!:shrug:

Any comments on Windows 7 RC (Release Candidate) is welcome. Maybe you'd like to start a new thread on it, freeztar.:hyper: :steering:

:smart: Bye:woohoo:

Well, there's lots of threads out there on W7RC. ;)

I'm in the process of migrating as much as possible to Linux, so I'm not the best person to ask about Windoze 7. ;)

Check out linux though. You can't go wrong with Ubuntu! It either works or it doesn't. If it doesn't work, Myself and others will help. If it does work, then, there you go. :)

Since this is an indroductory thread, please put other posts elsewhere. Thanks! :)