Science Forums

A practical angle on Christ

clapstyx

You'll have to forgive me for not being able to quote chapter and verse.

I read somewhere that "He" made mention of what I suppose we have to call a theory that related to thinking of oneself in the position of desire first and so then the situation is manifested. Something sort of like time travel through consciousness to a point of harmonic equivalency of and to the mind.

The question I have is what does happen if one pursues to develop a mindset that is beyond divine. Having just begun to try it I can definately say that the depth of my imagination has expanded to the point where I can encapsulate a broader sphere of the universe...its broad about the contemplation of concepts I wouldnt have thought about lets put it that way.

The other question I have is that is there a conceptual ultimate goal that is an extension past the desire to go beyond divine so that I can maintain consciousness ascension with progressive acceleration with the point of that being that generally by adopting that strategy I have come to realise some new truth. My present sense is that if I cant construct a higher goal level than beyond divine it may be that I cant reach a higher plateau of consciousness so I would be interested to hear of anyone who has or is experiencing the same dilemma.

I will speak to this.

It is important that you separate what you truly know from what you conceptualize. In this way you can you own a benchmark of sorts. For example, through practice, I can perfectly visualize a 12 sided object. At first, I tried this exercise and even an octagon (stop sign) was difficult for me to visualize with perfect clarity. The more sides the shape has, the more difficult it was for me to truly visualize. I visualize both the inside and outside angles, apply visual colors and pattern to the object which I visualize as a sort of disk. Try it yourself and see what you think is the greatest shape you can truly visualize with perfect clarity. Perhaps you can already visualize many. This visualization gives you the opportunity to know that you can grasp (from actual knowledge) what a square really is (or other shape).

It seems intuitive to say that you already know what a decagon is. True, but there is a fine distinction to be made between what you know, and what you can conceive of. They are two different types of knowledge.

I know that might sound very odd, and indeed many might simply disagree that there is any distinction. Without too much intellectual fodder, I suggest you try it, and in this way you will come to understand what I am speaking of.

Now consider you have a 100 sided object. Can you really grasp it (visualize it with perfect clarity)? Of course your mind tells you that it is somewhat easy to draw a 100 sided object, indeed you could perhaps conceive of a 500 sided object and draw it in a matter of minutes by devising the angles and methodically plotting it out. However, even when looking at the object on paper, you would only be moving your eyes from one part of the shape to the next, or perhaps you might take it all in as a type of circular form. But the problem of being able to close your eyes and visualize it with perfect clarity will remain. I profess I cannot visualize such objects with perfect clarity.

The mind is capable of reaching out, beyond its ability to fully understand something, to the realm of conceptual knowledge. It allows us to think about concepts like infinity, and by processes, we can break down very large projects that we conceived of, and bring them to reality through methodical reductions which work together.

So, to your issue. If you have hit a wall of sorts, and you are unable to grasp a deeper understanding of whatever your subject is, due to your finite brain, you have two methods to push through. You can work your brain hard, and thus cause your neuropathways to reach out and develop further. Doing so will increase your capacity for actual knowledge. You can also devise methods to use your conceptual knowledge to achieve goals which you were once unable to breech. This is accomplished by planning and observation of your talents (applying your strengths to your work in the most efficient and productive way).

Yes we are finite, and yes we do have limits. This is the sad truth of human existence. However, it is likely you can achieve more, if you continue to make efforts, as you have indicated you are doing.

Thank You Glenn. Thats quite insightful. Thank you for taking the time to write such a long piece. The idea of neuro pathway extension is something that I have (without knowing it by that name) been considering for some years in terms of techniques that seem to advance the process. As I see it its quite possibly critical that as a species we are able to keep perpetually advancing our depth of thinking and tangents to be able communicate ideas that relate to multiple levels of consideration. So that we do reach some sort of universality of mind..or at least mindscale that we can relate to as a sort of common wavelength.

Im not sure yet but the way I look at is that if one thinks in terms of absolute universal perfections to express the fullest degree of potentiality and surpass it ...like adding a degree to an existing sequence of realisation....then those that think that way should be able to relate to each other fully well and create then an increased capacity for linking inspiration and finding extra resolve to mutual interest challenges. As a way of outweighing the mass gravity of a challenge for instance.

I only say that the pursuit to express the absolute extreme totality of truth (in terms of completely universal to that) is relevent because I feel we need to connect at the top level of our thinking with a view to getting to the situation where we sharing a realisational experience using our higher minds at full strength and with full positivity to that. So for that to happen I feel its neccessary to sort of reach the outer boundary of the universe so to speak and be positioned as the first light from genesis (or the big bang) hurtling into fresh consciousness space...otherwise we are not going to be thinking on the same level.