Science Forums

Energy?

Sune

I have a lot on mind, and soon there will be subjects about energi... So lets just begin here :D:

Gravity = "Energi", Magents = "Energi". So Electricity = Easiest way to "control" (Use) this "Energi".

We are all filled with energy. And the atoms we consist of, are also kept together and made with energi. So if we took some electricity, would we not be able to use this more or less "controlled" kind of energi (Electricity), to alter and change just about anything? The world consists of energi and atoms made and put together with this. So at the moment i see things like Dr. Tesla did.

Might something seem true in this, that we might use electricity to alter around us? Maybe mix it with some new technology, to for example revert a targeted amount of atoms, to reverse them, thus making them rejecting each other, and "desolve" an object? :)

It is kind of hard to understand all you say, but right at the start you say gravity is energy, which seems a bit wrong to me, gravity is a force hence a manifestation of energy, but not energy itself.

I do also not see what you want to do with electricity and why electricity seems more important than other to you. And what do you understand under electricity?

That we are all made of energy, is nothing new since [math]E=mc^2[/math]...then the possible uses of this energy may be very many, but we have to figure them first ;-)

Hehe, i understand it seems a little unfocused :magic:.

But as i say, i mean that Electricity is the only energi, that is a kind of "Exposed" to the human eye. Yes, you can se a ball being thrown into the air, and the arm that throws it, but what you don't see, is some kind of heat or light (Both energy, that we a capable of sensing).

Yet i see electricity as the ultimatum in energy, since of all the possibilitys. Like the Human brain. The signals that forms the way we move, feel and sense, are all small impulses, like electricity. This gives Frankenstein his monster as well.

The idea is to have unlimited energy. This is unimpossible at the moment, but right now we can, with electricity, generate speed, heat and signals. Makes me believe, that electricity is much more interesting than so much else.

What i think of right now, is, now you say gravity is this manifestation, does it affect electricity at all? A lightning for example, needs a source and a target that can absorbe it. But what if we had, say, a Black Hole? Unlimited mass, yes, but does this mass maybe suck the electricity?

• 2 months later...
Gravity = "Energi", Magents = "Energi". So Electricity = Easiest way to "control" (Use) this "Energi".

We are all filled with energy. ...

Ultimate energy is sun Energy that is solar power...............

Sune and McBrayer, I think you’d both benefit from a review, or perhaps a first introduction to, some basic terms and concepts of classical mechanics, because you both appear to be confusing distinct terms with one another.

There are countless good introductory text on the subject, but it’s easy to summarize a few basic terms and concepts that apply to this thread right here:

• Energy is potential work ([math]E = W[/math])
  • Work is magnitude (the amount, ignoring direction) of force multiplied by magnitude of distance ([math]W = F \cdot D[/math])
  • Force is that which changes the velocity of an object with mass ([math] \vec F= M \cdot \Delta \vec V [/math])
  • (This one you all likely already know from everyday experience) Velocity is the rate of change in distance ([math]\vec V = \Delta \vec D / t[/math])
  • Power is rate of work ([math]P = W / t[/math])

So it’s simply wrong to say things like “gravity = energy” – because gravity is force, not energy – or equate “sun energy” with “solar power” – because energy is not power. Mistakes like these – equating related but different quantities – are know as “unit error”.

An important first step in learning physics is learning to carefully avoid unit errors. Once mastered, it’s much easier to understand basic and advanced physics concepts.

• 2 months later...
It is kind of hard to understand all you say, but right at the start you say gravity is energy, which seems a bit wrong to me, gravity is a force hence a manifestation of energy, but not energy itself.

I do also not see what you want to do with electricity and why electricity seems more important than other to you. And what do you understand under electricity?

That we are all made of energy, is nothing new since [math]E=mc^2[/math]...then the possible uses of this energy may be very many, but we have to figure them first ;-)

Dare I say sanctus that it is also possibly incorrect to refer to gravity as a force in the sense of a conventional force. Since we know that a force is derived of 2 things, Mass and Velocity. Therefore since velocity is itself a form of kinetic energy is it not possible to say that gracity is oth a force and a source of energy at the same time?

HyperPhysics

Motion Mountain - The Adventure of Physics : The Free Physics Textbook

Learn some physics before you talk about it. You don't know the differences among potential, kinetic, thermal, or any other manifestation of energy. Read Feynman's little adventure with the textbook and "energy,"

Corruption in textbook-adoption proceedings: 'Judging Books by Their Covers'

50% down the page.

we might use electricity to alter around us
Arc furnace, plasma cutter, CERN, electric chair, microwave oven, metal plating, hybrid cars, electroconvulsive therapy. Definite alterations.

Learn some physics before you talk about it.

Hey! I don't let that stop me!

Already in this thread I'm learning a lot about how pseudoscience goes wrong.

Also, I've been interested in Tesla since I had some custodial contact with his later papers over 30 years ago. Some very strange people tried to tell me at length why they wanted to look at those papers. I've never known, except for fictional renderings, what he was working on toward the end of his life. Any good sources an idiot like me could understand?

Another thing I'd been trying to understand is how gravity works, without having to learn physics. This thread is getting me closer, although I know my goal might be more than a little unrealistic.

Thanks.

--lemit

• 1 month later...