Science Forums

How many house plants does Hypgraphy grow?

Ganoderma

So, it looks like we need

red LEDs outputting from 420-450 nm, &

blue LEDs outputting from 640-675 nm.

yep that seems right from what i have read as well. different plants are different of course not jsut in their chlorophylls but other photosynthesizing pigments. i also notice a lot of light research are done on things like algae , which i would presume would be far different from cacti. i got a really cool study on a species of cactus that had some light experiments done, but they did not give exact wavelengths only "blue, green, red and far red"....:hihi:

Michael, all the LED materials is pretty easy to find, at least online, so long as you know how to wire it all up.

i can't find that thread either....:hihi:

i lost a bunch of plants in a recent typhoon, so declared some of the outside cacti and now indoor cacti.

381+12

Thanks for the info on LEDs.

That should be fun, never done anything like that before

Lights are available from "Dick Smith" here in all sorts of wavelengths, fairly cheap too, but maybe not when you have to buy enough for a 1' square?

I keep getting these messages, but when i get to the site I can't find the "cool" post.

Dear Michaelangelica,

jnet has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - How many house plants does Hypgraphy grow? - in the Environmental Studies forum of Science Forums.

This thread is located at:

http://hypography.com/forums/environmental-studies/19110-how-many-house-plants-does-hypgraphy-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:

cool

All kinds. Well, the topicals (Majestic Palm, Bananna, Rubber tree, Avocado, (i started from seed), not sure of name but its a huge leaf prayer plant (it even has the giant white flower typical on prayer plants), and a few others I keep indoors when the weather is bad (Maryland USA) and take out on my patio in the summer. They are quite large in those very large pots. I have about 15 of those. Then I won some plants mostly hanging - spider, flowering onion, etc from Bull Roasts. Then I have some that were taken from flowers given to loved ones that passed for their funeral. And finally some others normal Prayer plant, Aloa, a variety of Cacti, Amaryllis, Jade Plant, etc.

• 4 weeks later...