Science Forums

Clean your pc!

antispy

I would only use that when washing my keyboard though, but it works great, yeah :naughty: .

Offtopic: I got suspend to disk to work yesterday, and it is so cool, i can finally suspend, put my pc into its case, carry it around, boot back up and continue from where i finished off, so unbeleivably cool, but not yet very stable, they actually have a patch with a function do_magic, and it does just that, i dont thing it will be marked as stable any time soon... If i could only get suspend to RAM to work now, I'd be the happiest person alive that day.

and let me tell you why they are slow tormod:

OSX is a system that is built for 3-5 different hardware architectures and a handfull of devices that can go into a mac pc. Kernel and Module developers can spend the time making every piece of hardware work ok under BSD, The developers also have all the knowledge they need to get about the exact way that their hardware and bios works, thus they can make sure that everything you can do with that machine for convenience, will be supported.

Linux works on so much hardware, it is not even funny, and much hardware support for it is generic, driver written for one chipset will fit many products, but as the developer does not know exactly how that piece of hardware works, and companies like Dell, Toshiba and Compaq will not release the code for their Bios for example, and dont make their bios fully compattible with any of the standards, things that require full bios support just dont work. For example my laptop has full support for ACPI and APM, yet if i compile in support for APM into the kernel, dmesg says that the stupid bios does not accept the APM calls, so even though the system supports APM, bios does not and thus the paradox is born. I can get my computer to sleep, but for some reason when it comes back up it either bombs or once or twice it came back up into X, but it freezes for 20-25 seconds and then halts...