Science Forums

Obama blues

paigetheoracle

Are we slipping into a new Dark Ages through moral cowardice and laziness?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are we slipping into a new Dark Ages through moral cowardice and laziness?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • More evidence needed

I hope this is in the right forum!

According to some conspiracy websites apparently, Barak Obama seems to be considered the Anti-Christ or some such evil entity. I find it strange that people can fear and hate him on this subjective basis and yet find the antics of McCain (Gargoyle face pulling) and Palins speeches 'saintly' in comparison - not to mention George Bushes internal and external policies, and Putin when compared with Gorbychev (He got similar treatment I seem to remember - blood on his head, birthmark).

Surely, speaking objectively, true evil can be measured as active destruction or words of hate as opposed to superstitious belief? Even the racist remarks are attacking the colour of his skin rather than the colour of his policies: Will they ruin the country and its manpower as Bush has? Is it actually sane to attack him on this basis and support his predecessor because he was white but stupid? To me he seems pretty bland compared with the others mentioned (Gorbychev excepted) - is this why he's attacked in this way because he is an easy target? (In the UK thugs attack the old and disabled and social services seem to scapegoat those who've committed misdemeanors rather than face violent parents who then go onto kill their own children because of this lack of courage in standing up to them, which is the same thing dooming us all as a society: 2,000 kids a year apparently die at the hands of such abusive parents). Are we in danger of slipping into a new dark ages because of this gross stupidity and superstitious ignorance?

...Are we in danger of slipping into a new dark ages because of this gross stupidity and superstitious ignorance?
Religion is always a danger to knowledge and freedom.

But that, I think is a bent that would move this thread to the theology forum.

I'm not suprised about this 'antichrist' thing if it is true, google "bush is Antichrist", "Clinton is Antichrist" "*President Name* is Antichrist" is pritty well guaranteed to find some info on people who thihnk that. Religious people need no logic to prove their ideas, and if proven wrong they will inevitably come up with some other spit&vinegar glue to hold their skewed world view in order.

Some of them want to use you,

Some of them wanna get used by you

Some of them want to abuse you,

Some of them want to be abused

/forums/images/smilies/banana_sign.gif
:shrug: