Science Forums

The oboist in me

Tormod

This is the track I have submitted for the February contest over at KVRAudio.com.

My Oboe and Me

http://www.wusik.com/users/kovacs/0502_kovacs_myoboeanme.mp3

The theme of the month was to unleash an unknown personae. I was going to unleash my pop star personae but he has had a throat infection for three weeks now so that didn't work out too well.

Instead the oboist in me jumped at the chance to show his skills.

Nah, I can't play piano like that (even with 4 years of lessons...ages ago). I was planning on simplifying the stuff and playing it myself, and do the melody on the acoustic guitar but I thought never mind...the loops sounded so cool. :)

It's actually Garageband 2 loops! First time I ever tried that program. I found no way to export each of the tracks though, so I mixed down the loops and the oboe and added the guitar in FL Studio on PC.

And I did some very basic mastering in Adobe Audition...I only had AA for three days so I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for listening, though. :xx:

Wow...this went really swell. I usually place near the bottom but I actually got 19th place (out of 50) which is extremely good. 11 out of 43 voters gave my song points, the best score was a second place and I also got some third places (everyone rates their favorite tracks from 1-10).

Weeeeeee. :eek: