Science Forums

2008 US Election Live Blog!

Buffy

Well, I'm up for the night, working and watching 12 news channels and all the election tracker sites up!

Except maybe I'll take a couple hours out in the middle to watch 90210:TNG and Privileged!

For those of you watching, the fun web pages so far are the

Join the fun whatever time zone you're in....

Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few, :evil:

Buffy

Kentucky going to McCain...

Obama opens a small lead in early returns in Indiana....

8 more states start reporting in one minute....

Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than for somebody, :evil:

Buffy

MSNBC sez, heavy coverage of Rev Wright ads bashing Obama have *backfired* in Pennsylvania, resulting in an *increased* African-American turnout....

National exit polls say that the vast majority of those who think Iraq is the number one issue go for Obama....

CNN: Kentucky called for McCain, Vermont for Obama.

I hope I'm not doing this alone: join in folks!

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation, :evil:

Buffy

Okay geeks: Turn to CNN! They've got a "Princess Leia hologram" of reporter Jessica Yellin standing in front of Wolf Blitzer from 1000 miles away....

Even cable news has to go all Hollywood....

No wonder Americans hate politics when, year in and year out, they hear politicians make promises that won't come true because they don't even mean them - campaign fantasies that win elections but don't get nations moving again, :evil:

Buffy

For those of you with a superstitious bent, the election is over because of the Washington Redskins Curse: If the Redskins lose their last home game before the election, then the incumbent party is thrown out.

The Pittsburgh (Pensylvania, 21 Electoral votes and essential to a McCain win) Steelers demolished them last night on Monday Night Football....

It's nice to see a Democrat blow something besides an election, :evil:

Buffy

MSNBC sez, heavy coverage of Rev Wright ads bashing Obama have *backfired* in Pennsylvania, resulting in an *increased* African-American turnout....

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation, :evil:

Buffy

Those ads are running here in Vancouver USA. The word HATE up big in front. (Paid for by a Repub PAC.) I'm on broadcast TV and all stations are just across the Columbia River in Portland Oregon. Over in Portland the Dems have rented a hall expecting 9,000, and the Repubs a hall expecting 1,000.

I took a nap this afternoon to brace up for the enduro. :cup:

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security. :) ? :hyper: :turtle:

Speaking of live blogging, why did the hypo chat function get dropped?

Well, maybe we should bring it back, but Live Blogging is MUCH more fun! It's permanent too! :evil:

CNN calls Virginia Senate race for Democrat Mark Warner, a pickup on the blue side....

Fox Noise calls West Virginia for McCain...

An honest election, under democracy, is an act of innocence which does not take place more than once in the history of a given nation, :)

Buffy

If I hear Donaldson say "project" or "not enough information" one more time...:evil: :hyper:

He's still alive? :) What station you watchin'? I'm mainly on NBC with Williams. Part I like him and part I get the best reception on that channel with my rabbit ears. :turtle: Off I go then for another dose of boob tube. :cup:

Also on Faux News, Karl Rove himself is calling Florida for Obama....

Connecticut, New Jersey, Maine, DC, Massachusetts, Maryland and Delaware all being called for Obama.

Oklahoma, Tennesee and So. Carolina going to McCain....

Washington DC is the only place in America where people put bumper stickers on their cars the day *after* the election, :evil:

Buffy

Also on Faux News, Karl Rove himself is calling Florida for Obama....

:turtle:

Connecticut, New Jersey, Maine, DC, Massachusetts, Maryland and Delaware all being called for Obama.

3/4 of Maine in any case :)

It looks like the "Bradley effect" is much-ado-'bout-nothing :evil:

It's 1.20am here, and I have work tomorrow. I'll watch a bit further - I'm a numbers junkie :)

My Lady went to bed a while back. She's never understood why I like Americans so much, but I asked her, just for once, to say something nice about y'all.

Her reply was a little bit kind, but with her trademark "edge": I hope they get the president they need, not the one they deserve.

I wonder which one she meant? :evil: