Science Forums

Input on Video Production Basics class

I'm looking for some input. I'm thinking about providing a new type training for people. What would your thoughts be on taking a 1 Day - Video Production Basics class? If you would be interested where would you like to see the price? Would a Florida location be good for you? If not where would like to the training to be located? Would you be interested in training on-site?

Thanks for your input.

Ok, I will overlook the advertising part of this post...

This is what I want to ask you first:

How good do you consider yourself with video producion, what can you do i guess is the main question?

What software would you use, because remember, you need legit soft that you would have to provide for your students?

1 day really isnt enough, what about a spanded timeframe, and back to one day, how many hours?

1 day classes usually are held a some special location, and all the people that want to join, usually come to you, but you need to be ready to face video not so newbies, and you need to know enough to accomodate that scenario.

what is your teaching experience?

You need a location such as a college to teach the class at!

Again, depending on time, about $15-20/h is probably a reasonable price per student.

Big city, you need to choose a big city, such as NY or Boston, not florida!

Sorry for scattered thoughts, just that they came out that way, mixed in with questions, but it is a start...

Alexander,

Thanks for your feedback. It is really appreciated. Here's my experience:

http://www.geniusdv.com/instructors/derrick-freeman.php

I'm really not trying to teach on any particular software even though I could teach Final Cut Pro and Avid. I'm really looking to see if people are in the need education about the basics: Videography, Editing, Digital Video, Producing, Graphic Design for Video and overview of Video Production tools. I would also discuss things like Frame Size, Frames per second, Keyframes, and other technical items. This class that I'm thinking about about would not teach everything there is to know about Video Production but would give people a good foundation to build on.

aha, this is already something to think about, i can finally see what you mean by video production basics, i think, however, that it should be more of basics of video, how when who, what it used to be, what it is, where it is moving, and only from there can you start the real talk about video and video production, FPS, keyframes, composition ... and so forth. I still stay with my previous range for price...