Science Forums

Mankind's cancers.

Don't know where this fits.

In examining what I deem to be 'problems of mankind' I find there are solutions to most of them. The 'problems' are not really the problems at all, merely the visible sores of underlying disease.

Population.

Food.

Pollution.

War.

Human Rights.

Dirty Industry.

Failing Economy.

The real problems, that are intrinsically connected, are the 3 C's.

Corruption, Corporations, Churches.

or Government, Corporate, and Religious failure to properly serve their clientele, humankind.

Governments, by their very nature, spend more time defending themselves than the people who support them. They are opposed to other forms of government and other parties and so push agendas rather than consensus.

Corporations by their very nature are in direct competition with each other. They service themselves with maximum possible profit manipulating media and government to their own ends.

Religions by their very nature are in opposition to each other. They tax populations that can't afford it and hold vast wealth and power.

All 3 of these beasts suck cash from the general populace for their own ends. They support themselves and each other with this wealth maintaining the status quo where we give all our money to entities who promise solutions, but do not deliver!

We are being led down the proverbial garden path. Detractors from the status quo actually help maintain the status quo by providing a false impression of issues being resolved. ie: complain about some small stuff enough and eventually it gets done. But while you were getting the potholes fixed or your lake cleaned up, the overall lie continues. The money continues to be chanelled into bottom lines and shrines and legal boltholes for the perpetrators.

Solutions for so many problems are already available but our money is taken for supporting stupid wars like the one on drugs and the other on Iraq (sorry, terror) What money government doesn't take corporations and churches scramble for the rest.

We, as consumers, are encouraged to spend, to get credit even, and billions of us everywhere contribute nearly everything we earn to a pool of 3 major players who only work together to protect themselves and further their own interests.

We have the resources and technology to make this world a better place. We can even start colonising space. But our money is being kept by the greedy few. We do not have the resources, they do.

The illusion of progress is seriously tainted, many cracks in the armour can be seen.

It's time for us to wake up to the 3 C's. They are the true cancers that are killing mankind.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's status quo. We are sheep and they shear us (general population) as close as possible for profit. The 3 C's are aware of many solutions to problems but will ignore them so long as it's financially viable to do so.

As long as we keep buying they keep sellng us new band aids while the cancer remains alive and well.

We have the resources and technology to make this world a better place. We can even start colonising space. But our money is being kept by the greedy few. We do not have the resources, they do
NASA is one of those entities also. I'll give money to telescopes and exploration but if they start promising a better life in the heavens above.....Earth first.

NASA is one of those entities also. I'll give money to telescopes and exploration but if they start promising a better life in the heavens above.....Earth first.

Yes, Earth first, that way we can grind down to nothing fighting for an impossible ideal and die out right on time. I'm sure you and Sen. Proxmire will be very happy together. NASA spends so little money it's a joke. Compare the budget of NASA to the war in Iraq. If NASA had been given 10% of what has been spent finding new ways to kill we would own the inner solar system and a big chunk or the resources of the outer solarsytem. Even if you don't want to colonise space the resorces there could be used to take much if not all the strain off the Earth caused by the harvest of resources here.

Tell us how you really feel Ahma. :hihi:

I'm gonna have to play devil's advocate on this one...:naughty:

I think it's a little harsh to call these entities cancer. All three entities do a lot of good things for humanity too. Churches feed the poor, build houses, etc. Corporations develop medicine, provide us with technology, and design our infrastructure. Governments explore space, help the poor, and educate the masses.

The question is: Do the bads outweigh the goods?

Don't know where this fits.

In examining what I deem to be 'problems of mankind' I find there are solutions to most of them. The 'problems' are not really the problems at all, merely the visible sores of underlying disease.

Population.

Food.

Pollution.

War.

Human Rights.

Dirty Industry.

Failing Economy.

or Government, Corporate, and Religious failure to properly serve their clientele, humankind.

Governments, by their very nature, spend more time defending themselves than the people who support them. They are opposed to other forms of government and other parties and so push agendas rather than consensus.

Corporations by their very nature are in direct competition with each other. They service themselves with maximum possible profit manipulating media and government to their own ends.

Religions by their very nature are in opposition to each other. They tax populations that can't afford it and hold vast wealth and power.

All 3 of these beasts suck cash from the general populace for their own ends. They support themselves and each other with this wealth maintaining the status quo where we give all our money to entities who promise solutions, but do not deliver!

We are being led down the proverbial garden path. Detractors from the status quo actually help maintain the status quo by providing a false impression of issues being resolved. ie: complain about some small stuff enough and eventually it gets done. But while you were getting the potholes fixed or your lake cleaned up, the overall lie continues. The money continues to be chanelled into bottom lines and shrines and legal boltholes for the perpetrators.

Solutions for so many problems are already available but our money is taken for supporting stupid wars like the one on drugs and the other on Iraq (sorry, terror) What money government doesn't take corporations and churches scramble for the rest.

We, as consumers, are encouraged to spend, to get credit even, and billions of us everywhere contribute nearly everything we earn to a pool of 3 major players who only work together to protect themselves and further their own interests.

We have the resources and technology to make this world a better place. We can even start colonising space. But our money is being kept by the greedy few. We do not have the resources, they do.

The illusion of progress is seriously tainted, many cracks in the armour can be seen.

It's time for us to wake up to the 3 C's. They are the true cancers that are killing mankind.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's status quo. We are sheep and they shear us (general population) as close as possible for profit. The 3 C's are aware of many solutions to problems but will ignore them so long as it's financially viable to do so.

As long as we keep buying they keep sellng us new band aids while the cancer remains alive and well.

I wish I could debate this but I'm afraid I agree totally, Far to much of what we create goes toward corrupt institutions that give very little back for what we have to pay.

Tell us how you really feel Ahma. :hihi:

I'm gonna have to play devil's advocate on this one...:naughty:

I think it's a little harsh to call these entities cancer. All three entities do a lot of good things for humanity too. Churches feed the poor, build houses, etc. Corporations develop medicine, provide us with technology, and design our infrastructure. Governments explore space, help the poor, and educate the masses.

The question is: Do the bads outweigh the goods?

The real question is could we do this without the bloated bureaucracy feeding at the trough of public money. I think the poor could be fed, houses could be built corporations could build and make new things and educate the masses without the bureaucracy. Just think how great it must be to have the job of CEO of a major corporation these days. Multi million dollar wage packages and still drive the company to ruin. I mean 66 million dollars to drive a company into bankruptcy? I could do that for only a million dollars a year, easy!

we would own the inner solar system and a big chunk or the resources of the outer solarsytem. Even if you don't want to colonise space the resorces there could be used to take much if not all the strain off the Earth caused by the harvest of resources here.

If a cancer cell could speak, thats what it would say.

The real question is could we do this without the bloated bureaucracy feeding at the trough of public money. I think the poor could be fed, houses could be built corporations could build and make new things and educate the masses without the bureaucracy.

I agree, bureaucracy does need to go.

Just think how great it must be to have the job of CEO of a major corporation these days. Multi million dollar wage packages and still drive the company to ruin. I mean 66 million dollars to drive a company into bankruptcy? I could do that for only a million dollars a year, easy!

But can you play golf well? :naughty:

If a cancer cell could speak, thats what it would say.

T-Bird, it's annoying enough for you to claim to know something for sure that cannot be proved, when you declare to know something when you really don't know what you are talking about it is much worse. At least I know to quit when the discussion goes over my head. You just think your veiws are always correct no matter how little evidense you have to back them up. Do you give out golden fleece awards to everything you don't understand? the only place humanity can get the resources nesesarry to continue our civilazation is space. We spend a paltry sum on this endevor, what we need to do is cut the bloated buracracys off at the knees. A good start would be to make churches account for every dime they take in and to tax them just like the corporations they are. Government and corporations will be more difficult but if everyone insists on it eventually it will get done. Governments and corporations have had an incestous relationship for far too long. The old scratch my back and I'll scratch yours mentiality is killing us as a sociaty.

T-Bird, it's annoying enough for you to claim to know something for sure that cannot be proved, when you declare to know something when you really don't know what you are talking about it is much worse. At least I know to quit when the discussion goes over my head. You just think your veiws are always correct no matter how little evidense you have to back them up. Do you give out golden fleece awards to everything you don't understand? the only place humanity can get the resources nesesarry to continue our civilazation is space. We spend a paltry sum on this endevor, what we need to do is cut the bloated buracracys off at the knees. A good start would be to make churches account for every dime they take in and to tax them just like the corporations they are. Government and corporations will be more difficult but if everyone insists on it eventually it will get done. Governments and corporations have had an incestous relationship for far too long. The old scratch my back and I'll scratch yours mentiality is killing us as a sociaty.

You cannot escape yourself.... no matter where you go.... there you are. Why do you think going into space to live inside a can with your fellow man is going to make things better. What are you going to do if someone pisses you off in the can. Are you going to go outside a get a breath of freash air and look at the clouds and the blue sky until you feel better.

You cannot escape yourself.... no matter where you go.... there you are. Why do you think going into space to live inside a can with your fellow man is going to make things better. What are you going to do if someone pisses you off in the can. Are you going to go outside a get a breath of freash air and look at the clouds and the blue sky until you feel better.

First using the resources of space doesn't necessarily mean colonization but to answer you directly..... I guess it would depend on how big the can was and how big the ******* was you had to share it with. (don't you just love it when a plan comes together:hihi:)

I am in agreeance that churches play their role in society. However, we could give our money to an organisation accountable for it's services, an organisation that doesn't propogate superstition ignorance shame racism war terrorism sexism homophobia... but that's another debate entirely.... :)

Beauracracy - that hit's the nail on the head. Departments that protect departments that protect departments. Instead of protecting civil rights they protect themselves from unemployment by protecting the corporations that promote them...

Layers of manure to cover the real stink of corruption and corporate interests.

Governments have a role to play. As usual, it seems they are more intent on role playing than playing their role.

Our resources are plenty but are being chanelled by cancerous forms that leech from this overall supply for themselves. Government assistance to people is inefficient, laden with personal agendas, and ridiculously incompetent. Church is unaccountable. Corporations are by their nature required to perform financially and will break any unwritten rule (or make new rules) to do so. These 3 diseases weaken all of humanity. Our economies ecology relations science education health security and well being all suffering for it.

Space phobic Turtle?

Fix the planet and the future!

Move forwards together take responsibility for our own fate we are the Gods we are the masters of the universe. Inept though we may be, ill equipped but slowly with opening eyes we learn cleanse the superstition from our minds through the murky waters of early science and on towards those first shores of endless space.

Stand in awe of the potential ;)

Now, how do we sort out these idiots running the place to use

Terra preta, hydrogen, organic ecosystems for food production, solid waste extraction in all major centres, lose lots of beauracracy, centralise associated research on many things (cancer being the obvious), two child families...

Lemme see thats population, food crisis, pollution, no need to go to war for oil or food or land anymore...

I don't know how we take the power off these 3 groups and channel it for the real greater good, but it would be a giant leap forward for mankind.

I do not like bureaucracy neither, but I wonder can you imagine a social system without it that isn't Anarchy? And for that we are not ready yet, we still need laws to live together...

Why does a social system imply bureaucracy? I think we can have an effieciant social system with laws and no bureaucracy.

I disagree.

Of those three, two are not a problem in and of themselves (corporations and churches).

Corporations and churches only are a problem when the people that run them are corrupt. So I propose that of those three, only corruption is the true problem.

There are corporations and churches that do great service for their members and in some cases humanity.