Science Forums

Looking for Ideas: How would you engineer a sex den?

A simple design for a sex den involves some AV. Picture this, a ceiling mounted 360 projector in a round room, with audio support to create environmental ambience. If you like the jungle, dungeon, public place, shady hotel, in the elevator, at the beach, lecture hall, concert, your old house, it can all happen. This makes it easier to tailor to taste. Once you figure out what the other person likes, you can both do some AV editing as foreplay. The playboy can make a slide show of their stock to see what works on the fly.

A simple design for a sex den involves some AV. Picture this, a ceiling mounted 360 projector in a round room, with audio support to create environmental ambience. If you like the jungle, dungeon, public place, shady hotel, in the elevator, at the beach, lecture hall, concert, your old house, it can all happen. This makes it easier to tailor to taste. Once you figure out what the other person likes, you can both do some AV editing as foreplay. The playboy can make a slide show of their stock to see what works on the fly.

So you're basically suggesting that I build something like the below? Interesting idea which I had not yet considered. Thank you. :shade:

So, here's a quick mock up.

The space between the closet and bathroom leading into the sink has a neat archway (like in the other parts of my house), but I'm likely let that go and to pull the walls out further into the bedroom and just expand it...

I just want it to flow better... maybe even seal off the wall and make the closet/sink/bath area one bigger room with one entry or something... I'm not really good at this design stuff, I just know it looks bad and needs to be nicer.

How far back from the bathroom wall is that first window? Also, it doesn't look like it would be, but have you made sure that the bathroom wall is not load-bearing?

How far back from the bathroom wall is that first window? Also, it doesn't look like it would be, but have you made sure that the bathroom wall is not load-bearing?

Good point. The window is probably 3-4 feet away from the wall, which I'm pretty sure is not load bearing since it's only about 6 feet away from the exterior wall which is. However, recall that I don't plan to remove the wall entirely, just move it out, so I could always put up some temporary king beams as support while I'm doing the new framing.

Look at me, sounding all handy. I'm lucky I know how to use a screwdriver to tell you the truth. :hihi:

Okay, I've given it a bit of thought...

I think it would be better to have the sink/closet/bathroom area sealed off so you don't walk into the bedroom and see a sink. Expanding that area sounds like a great idea because then you'd have a bigger closet and you could put in a bigger tub. Take a look at the diagram - I don't know if it's feasible.

Also, perhaps a couch in the room between the windows might be nice. On a sunny day you could sit there and chat and cuddle and then you could move over to the bed... If you can fit it in then perhaps a soft rug too.

I was walking though a display room years ago when I was looking for a new bed and in one room the walls were painted burgendy with a yellow/gold trim along the top. The bed spread was cream coloured and there were yellow/gold lamps either side of the bed. It looked so cosy and romantic that I decided when I finally own a house my bedroom will look like that.

However, I'm not sure how it would look during the day because light and airy is also somewhat romantic. In a previous house my bedroom had white walls and my quilt cover was cream. There were two large windows either side of a couple of french doors that opened to a small private garden and in the afternoon that room was rather inviting for a couple of people in love...

Anyway, back to your situation... Also think about the colour scheme of the room. And there needs to be soft lighting. Maybe some nice paintings/photos on the wall.

Monomer, you've inspired me. That is a really simple and elegant solution. :cup:

I got home and looked, and I significantly over judged the space beween the bathroom wall (near the tub) and the window. It's only about one foot, so I'm not going to be able to bump that out and put in a longer tub. However, I can take down the wall between the sink and toilet (since it will be closed off) and put in a wider tub!

I can also bump out the closet, since there's nothing there stopping me.

Either way, that's awesome! :doh:

I think you're asking in the wrong place. All that matters is what she wants the room to be like. Make her happy and she'll make you happy. Ask the missus what she wants and you can't go wrong.

I agree!

I'd start with a Sub-Zero and a Vulcan.... :cheer:

My kitchen's pink, like skin-tone pink, and I lowered my spice rack so it's eye level - it's true! - and my phone, so I can reach it when I fall, it's right there, :phones:

Buffy

Hahaha.... I really suck in paint! Here's an aireal of my front yard... :phones:

[ATTACH]2123[/ATTACH]

So, this weekend, I visited a garden store... one of those really nice, family run places with lots and lots of great plants and softly spirited people... and just walked around for a while exploring.

I really like lavendar, and also "Autumn Sage." I need to find a way to work those into my front yard. It would be super bad *** if I could add these along with some texas blue bonnets. :cheer:

Another thing I want, but I really don't know what plant fits this description, is an evergreen(ish) ivy-type bush with bright yellow on the leaves... So, deep dark green leaves with vibrant yellow "splashed" across them. It can't get taller than 2 or 3 feet though.

The only thing I really know about plants is that I think they are pretty. Do any of you who are more knowledgable have any ideas on something which might fit that bill, and/or where to place them? (there's about a 3 foot drop/slope from the house to the street).

Another thing I want, but I really don't know what plant fits this description, is an evergreen(ish) ivy-type bush with bright yellow on the leaves... So, deep dark green leaves with vibrant yellow "splashed" across them. It can't get taller than 2 or 3 feet though.

Spireas are very hearty, colorful, flowering, and popular. They don't qualify as evergreens, but in your climate they are unlikely to shed their leaves for any length of time. They are easy to manage and are tolerant of pruning.

I also like the Golden Vicary Privet but it will get larger than you prefer unless you can find a dwarf variety.

The site I linked to has a decent search feature for finding shrubs in your hardiness zone with the characteristics you're looking for. There are many others like this as well.

I also like the Golden Vicary Privet but it will get larger than you prefer unless you can find a dwarf variety.

Oh... That is absolutely stunning! It is exactly what I had in mind. I am not too sure about the 8-10 feet part, so a dwarf variety would be better, but it is really gorgeous.

I'll play around searching the site when the girlfriend is here with me.

Thanks for the head's up on the golden vicary privet. I really really like that. :phones:

Monomer, you've inspired me. That is a really simple and elegant solution. :phones:

I got home and looked, and I significantly over judged the space beween the bathroom wall (near the tub) and the window. It's only about one foot, so I'm not going to be able to bump that out and put in a longer tub. However, I can take down the wall between the sink and toilet (since it will be closed off) and put in a wider tub!

A wider tub is just as good - as long as it fits two!

I'd love to see some before and after photos (and maybe several in between) so if you can be bothered posting some that would be great.

Seriously, do you have any ideas? Here's the basic layout:

Where:

F = fence

H = hedge (red tipped verdenia I think)

LO = Live Oak (but it's still growing and only a few years old, so small)

S = somewhat older tree of unknown variety, no flowers

MB = brick mailbox

But...but...where is the WD???

where WD = Whisky dispenser

Essential for all pleasure domes.

In any true pleasure dome, the WD is IV.

So, I've been sitting here for the past several minutes trying to figure out if you meant:

Invaluable ...

... implied viability ...

... independently verified ...

... possibly the most internationally inflammatory yet funniest of all of the Rocky movies ...

... the fourth album by Led Zeppelin ...

or, the most likely option, Intravenous. :phones:

The major drawback with an IV WD is the lack of palatial pleasure...

Well, an IV tree is typically on wheels so one could still move around. Or else you could come up with some sort of IV back pack.

I just don't think you're going to get very far with an IVWD.

I guess that's really your point isn't it? :hihi: