Science Forums

Help!!!!!

PLEASE SOMEONE PASS ON YOUR KNOWLEDGE TO ME!!!!

I need to find some free, but good, spyware/adware dector and destroyer...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! the Pop-ups...they shouldn't be seen by a good boy!

ARGH ITS EVERYWHERE>>>HELP! ;) I hate these stupid spy programs....

With much frustration and anger...

Op5

;)

When you upgrade XP to SP2, you'll get the new version of IE that blocks popups. My company recommends either Mozilla or Firefox for all platforms (and I'm sure alexander will chime in in agreement any moment now....). Safari on Mac is not quite ready for primetime, and it has no popup blocking yet. If you're on an older version of IE and can't/won't move, download the google tool bar and turn on popup blocking (altough if you have the new IE, LEAVE IT OFF!).

Cheers,

Buffy

One problem with some browsers can be that some popup blockers also block redirect scripts and new windows. So if anyone installs a popup blocker and have problems using Hypography, you might need to add "hypography.com" to your "trusted sited". I know I had to - but that was before SP2.

I use Firefox on both PC and Mac, BTW. Like Buffy says, Safari is not quite there yet...

When you upgrade XP to SP2,

Much of your software might suddenly stop working and you will ahve numerous firewalls fighting for control!

We got lots of billable hours fixing customers' PC's that turned their autoupdater on and got SP2. Thanks again M'soft for selling badly written software and forcing people to use it.