Science Forums

... and A lingering question

The D.S.

How could the world not be created by a supernatural being? How could a comet cause life? Imagine every miniscule part of the world. All by chance?

Humans are special. We are able to reason, while animals only have instinct. This is because we are made in the image of God.

If you want good answers to your question, I recommend you try another website, as a science website will most likely lean towards being agnostic.

If you are willing to take some time to read a science textbook that shows both points of view, there happens to be one.

The title is Exploring Creation with General Science by Dr. Jay L. Wile.

Although it is somewhat biased, it shows both points of view, as I said.

I really wish you would get this book.

Thanks

How could the world not be created by a supernatural "being"? Easily. It's called science and nature. Hmm...that seems to be the most rational AND logical explaination, other than saying that a mysterious "god" decided to have a lil fun and bring my mind into being.

Why can't a garden be beautiful without imagining fairies at the bottom of it as well? tisk tisk... i grow weary of creationists.

The title is Exploring Creation with General Science by Dr. Jay L. Wile.

Although it is somewhat biased, it shows both points of view, as I said.

I really wish you would get this book.

Thanks

Why do you really wish someone would get this book? What does it matter to you what someone else believes based on their own knowledge and experience?

Just because you are lacking empirical knowledge as to the natural workings of the universe, and have been immersed in your religious indocrtrination doesn't mean your parroted notions about the existence of god and creation are therefore true. It's simply what you choose to believe. Well hallelujah!

But this is a science website, so I recommend you be carefull about proselytizing around here. You'll find yourself excommunicated in a hurry. I really wish you would read the rules of this site.

Thanks.

Why do you really wish someone would get this book? What does it matter to you what someone else believes based on their own knowledge and experience?

Just because you are lacking empirical knowledge as to the natural workings of the universe, and have been immersed in your religious indocrtrination doesn't mean your parroted notions about the existence of god and creation are therefore true. It's simply what you choose to believe. Well hallelujah!

But this is a science website, so I recommend you be carefull about proselytizing around here. You'll find yourself excommunicated in a hurry. I really wish you would read the rules of this site.

Thanks.

I might have gone a bit off topic, but my main point was that this book uses science to show the theories of creation and evolution.

Sorry about that

Humans are special. We are able to reason, while animals only have instinct. This is because we are made in the image of God.

Rather assumptive don’t you think?. Many animals reason quite well, while many humans commit atrocities against nature and each other.

In mankind’s early days, animals taught us how to live on the earth, we are indebted to them.

This is getting way off topic for an Introduction thread.

Move it elsewhere or it will be moved forcibly.

The Protestants hate the Catholics, and the Catholics hate the Protestants, and the Hindus hate the Moslems, and everybody hates the Jews, :D

Buffy