Science Forums

101 Uses For...

Giles Corey

Hmmm.....

Shooting out a guide wire for traversing a stream or building.

Load with propaganda messages and shoot over enemy lines.

Guiles, you think a spud at 30 ft would pierce a beaver dam? This thing is mobile? no electrical cord? can you post a link similar to your device?

Thx Freezy for posting fish? and DD for explanation...;)

Hmmm.....

Shooting out a guide wire for traversing a stream or building.

Load with propaganda messages and shoot over enemy lines.

Guiles, you think a spud at 30 ft would pierce a beaver dam? This thing is mobile? no electrical cord? can you post a link similar to your device?

Thx Freezy for posting fish? and DD for explanation...:lol:

A spud at 30'...depending on the size of his rig...method of fueling....absolutely!

As to the construction I'm betting-18" to 48"long 2 or 3" diameter PVC pipe, an appropriate cap, and a grill sparker.

Mine will put a nice sized whole through a car door (I tested it) at about 100'.

It's constructed of 48" long 2" O.D. PVC stuffed in 2" I.D. 16ga. stainless with a 16ga. stainless breech plate inside the PVC cap that seals the breech...to ensure that the cap remains in place it is bonded to the barrel with PVC cement and secured with six screws two of which protrude into the barrel almost an inch and are secured by locknuts and washers inside the barrel (I left a .033" gap between the tips to allow the spark to jump them).

I use a grill igniter wired to the afforementioned long screws to fire the bugger.

Painted olive drab it looks very much like a bazzooka and is just as portable.

Oh yeah butane is a blooody mavelous fuel!:lol:

And oh yeah the fish thing no problem especially seeing as I posted "fish call":hihi:.

:lol:

All the way through?

I find that hard to believe. Actually any kind of puncturing, especially at 100 ft.

I'm not calling you a liar, it just doesn't make any logical sense to me. :lol:

ALL the way through. the power of a fozen spud traveling at a ungodly speeds is nothing to sneeze at.

Try it yourself. Build a spud cannon of the same proportions as mine, use a piece of PVC the same diameter as the barrel to cut out a few rounds (this ensures a nice snug seal), freeze them , spray a goodly dose of ether into the barrel, add about a tablespoon of gasoline, insert round, push that bugger in until it refuses to go any further, shake gun to ensure a good mix, aim at junk car, fire, report outcome. (kindly reinforce the barrel and breech I would rather that you were not injured by a catastrophic barrel failure. With explosions it's always better to be overly safe than just safe enough.)