Science Forums

Einstein

Queso

i have no idea! to be honest i was just writing one day, and the word popped out. something slightly symbolic, and slightly random.

bah, i figured it was too good to be true.

and no, i havn't read anything by that author, and i think now is the time to do so.

thanks.

He was/is (I think he died not too long ago, but may be wrong). Did a TON of personal experiments involving halucinogens. Basicly traveled the world and tried any culture's mind altering drugs. Wrote a number of books on his travels and experiences. A spoken word album or two and a comp. album w/ Space Time Continuum (An experimental ambient elctronic band. Kind of interesting).

• 1 month later...

Terrence Mckenna was one of the champions of the substance-taking branch of the higher conscioussness aficianados. Timothy Leary was another. I never forgave Terrance for saying" the universe is not only stranger than we suppose it is, it's stranger than we CAN suppose it is." Nice line, but he never mentioned who he stole it from. Who did he steal it from? I forget.