Science Forums

Theorys on the 5th dimension

@littleray - I think your thoughts about transient's ideas are very similar to mine. If perception is a dimension, then all other dimensions are mere products of perception. So where does perception come from?

I think there is a need to separate mathematical and philosophical dimensions here...

Tormod

My e-mail server is hosted by my home PC. so it hangs up every now and then.

Anyway, [email protected] works fine. As long as the PC home doesn't crashed. My e-mail server get few hundred spam mails each days. That's sort of kill my e-mail sever.

But, [email protected] is my e-mail address

and

http://www.setupray.com is a domain that I bought.

@littleray - the problem is that when your e-mail server is down I get about 25 messages every time someone posts to a thread in which you are taking part, telling me your account is unavailable. Maybe you should sign up for a backup service or something.

(Okay, this is way off topic, I'll stop now.)

Tormod

@thurst0n

I think you going into the concept of parallel universe due to different event in different time zone.

Usually this parallel Universe theory is used to explain why time travel is possible. So, lets say some one really hate their mother and kills their own mother when she was just a baby. Then that shouldn't be possible. Yet it is possible, if infinite time occurance produce infinite time split. So, even if someone kills their own mother infinites time, there is still inifinit amount of mothers to hate. There are no reason to believe, that even if the "right mother" is found to kill. There are no reason to believe that a mother from an instance of some parallel unverse can not pops in and becomes that "right mother" killed. And still carries on with the rest of the time line.

If you read the theory about quatum theory, that one object can exist as many instance of object in different place in the same time.

This paradox is like trying to chop off an infinite time tree of events. Events is the nodes and time is the vertice. As number of vertices (time) increase, the number of nodes (child)(event) also increase. Different vertice can have the same nodes even if the vertices is not in the same level(Time zone). The worst thing is even if we don't know if number of vertice is limited (There is an end to time or not.) But we are sure that the number of fanout is infinite (Possible event) So, the tree is infinitely large for sure. So even if infinite amount of branch is chop away. There is still infinite amount of tree to explore.

It is possible to put chaos into this paradox. Which is to stop time from ever begins. (Chop from the root of this time tree.)

Parellel universe is less about theories on dimension, but more on parodox.

Dimension in this area usualy means a caculation of space. Space of zero space, one point of space, line of space etc.. A dimension is like a container of space.

That is how I understand it anyway

I wonder if you agree with the concept of the universal chronilogical protection conjuncture which prevents a time machine operating by destroying it at its moment of creation ... if this is true then time travel will be impossible and thankfully will not have to cope with the stress of the possibility of the grandfather paradox (love you grandpa)..

@dent - since the chronology protection conjecture is just a figment of Stephen Hawking's imagination I wonder if there is any point in agreeing to it. If it is real, there is no way to prove it (because we would never be able to build a time machine to disprove it!).

Tormod

littleray-I"m not trying to flame you or w.e people call it here...But It would be a big help, I think to everyone, if you could write your posts with better grammer, spelling, and word type. For example in just one of your posts you said "Are they Mathematians or Phsyics?" You meant "physicist". You also said "dimensions some from" You meant "COME"

I'm not perfect either, but little things like this make it much easier and faster for people to read and understand your posts, thus making it easier to respond in a faster manner.

Sorry I had to pick on you, but your the one who stood out...

@thurston, good point. littlerays ideas are valuable and welcome, but it would indeed help if he spent a few seconds checking his grammar. Let's just hope he's not dyslexic - you never know what people's reasons for writing poorly is.

Now let's get back to the 5th dimension!

Tormod