Science Forums

Egyptians in America‽

I don't know Turtle,

The site you link gets the imagination going especially with this:

Archaeologists have found Michian copper in artifacts around the world. Scientists agree that they date back thousands of years before Christ.

and other sites and books report the same (i.e. Betty Sodders' book). But I can't find a scientific study claiming the same. Maybe it's my inadequate searching skills. It would be very, very compelling evidence to have artifacts in the ancient middle east that have trace characteristics of the great lakes. The implications of that would be pretty much irrefutable. People claim such evidence exists - can anyone else find it?

-modest

I don't know Turtle,

The site you link gets the imagination going especially with this:

and other sites and books report the same (i.e. Betty Sodders' book). But I can't find a scientific study claiming the same. Maybe it's my inadequate searching skills. It would be very, very compelling evidence to have artifacts in the ancient middle east that have trace characteristics of the great lakes. The implications of that would be pretty much irrefutable. People claim such evidence exists - can anyone else find it?

-modest

:eek: :read: :D OK This one is a bit bass ackwards, as it has zinc alloys of copper from the Mediterranean, but found in America. Possibly the copper was mined in America, shipped to Mediterranean, made into tools, then made their way back with consequent voyages. :evil: Off to look some more......:read: :shrug:

http://www.trends.net/~yuku/tran/a3.htm

And here's some more evidence. This is what Gunnar Thompson writes in

his AMERICAN DISCOVERY, Seattle, 1994, on p. 148,

"Recent assays reveal that some of the copper artefacts found in N

American burial mounds were made from zinc-copper alloys used in the

Mediterranean [the endnote here cites Scripps Howard News Service story

of March 27, 1991]. Ancient metal crafters added zinc to harden copper

into a bronze alloy. The shapes of the copper tools found in American

archaeological sites are identical to those of the ancient

Mediterranean, including chisels, dagger blades, wedges, hoes, scythes,

axes and spear points. These tools often have specific modifications,

including the use of rivets, spines and sockets, all of which were

characteristic of Mediterranean tools."

PS Something on the gentics side.

Ancient America

Archaeologists are just beginning to realize that to understand European prehistory, American prehistory must also be considered. The Solutreans of Spain are now believed to have crossed the Atlantic using the southern Equatorial current and entered the Caribbean and Central America between 18,000 and 12,000 years ago to become known as the Clovis hunters of America. Recent genetic findings suggest that the people now known as Gaelic speaking Celts (including Irish, Welsh, Scots, Basques and Berbers) are a remnant of a group of people who also left Spain between 1,8000 and 12,000 years ago and spent 6,000 years isolated from Europe before returning, bringing the Megalithic culture to coastal Europe.

Geneticist Prof Steve Jones, who recently published a book called Y - The Descent of Man, said;

"Genetics provided more reliable clues to the distant past than language did". He and colleagues at University College, London, have spent years creating a genetic map of the Y chromosome, which is passed by males from generation to generation. The results show that the Welsh are related to the Basques of northern Spain and southern France and to native Americans. He said: "There has been much less interbreeding in Wales than you might expect. Wales and Ireland have the most homogenous group of males of anywhere in the world, from the research that's been done so far".

He said; "The Y chromosome common among Welsh males was an ancient one. Most native Americans have the same one. Surprisingly perhaps, the genetics show that the Welsh are not related to the Cornish, despite the similarity of their languages. The Cornish are in effect Anglo-Saxons who for a time used a language that was hanging around. The genes of Scottish males betrayed considerable inter-mixing with outsiders".

...Barry Fell, author of 'America B.C.' is an accomplished decipherer of ancient scripts and has managed to identify a great deal of Celtic, Phoenician, Iberian, Egyptian, Berber, Libyan and Viking scripts in America, indicating that a great deal of trade contact occurred during and after the Bronze Age, but ceasing around the time of the beginning of the Roman Empire. ...

It is not impossible that Egyptians might have sailed across the Atlantic, as Thor Heyerdahl once demonstrated.

If they did, they became Americans and no longer Egyptians. :)

Oooooooo! Good call Q! I remember all the excitment when that was going on. I think National Geographic did a piece on it in their magazine.

What I didn't recall, and re-learned at your link, was what Thor meant to prove by his voyage(s).

...While the purpose of the Ra voyages was merely to prove the seaworthiness of ancient vessels constructed of buoyant reeds, others contentiously have cited the success of the Ra II expedition as evidence that Egyptian mariners could have journeyed, by design or happenstance, to the New World in prehistoric times.[ ...

No longer Egyptians! :hihi: Speaking of which, can you correct my title misspelling on this thread? :lol:

On the topic of the mining, perhaps the 'Easterners', whether Egyptian or Phoenician or 'other', didn't settle, but rather came, got their goods, and left. Moreover, they may have traded for copper the Native people mined, rather than doing the mining themselves.for the copper.

That's all I got. :)

Some of these:

Some Archaeological Outliers:

Adventures in Underground Archaeology

are very interesting. The author of the site is clearly level-headed and knowledgeable.

-modest

I'll be reading for days. :clue::read::shrug: When I got to the Roman coins in Tennessee, I recalled having heard of Roman ship(s) found in Brazil. I followed that up and found this, which has some overlap to artifacts in your link.

Romans In Brazil During The Second Third Century?

Off I go then............:doh:

PS Thanks for the title misspelling fix. ;)

• 2 months later...
That's crazy (crazy cool)

Google book page 31

-modest :roll:

Thought of you Modest, when I ran across some crazy-kewlage today. :shrug: Check it >>> :shrug: Did an Ancient Language of Universal Symbols Exist?

Over the last several years, similar petroglyphs have been identified on as many as five continents. They all date from roughly the same time-period. In the late 20th century, archaeologists discovered a collection of symbols carved in stone as petroglyphs in the Negev desert of Israel that appeared to be writing. Dating of these symbols showed that they were made over an extended period time, beginning around 1700 BC. ...

I have read, many moons ago, that both cocaine and tobacco have been found in Egyption mummies. I'll try to look up the source buit if true would pretty much prove some sort of contact with the new world.;)

Then again maybe I'll actually understand when I read the first post of a thread, sorry.:doh:

• 1 year later...

Egyptian mummies with American plant chemicals in the bodies:

A Journal of Alternative News

http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/botany/mummy.htm

Are there any new finds or records of ancient Egyptian presence in the Grand Canyon?

Are you familiar with these people and their finds?

Dream of visiting Egypt? Travel to Egypt with Luminati Egyptian Travel for a Spiritual Journey of your lifetime!