Science Forums

Abortion

JOEBIALEK

On this 35th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision, I would like to share my views on the issue of abortion.

Life begins at the point of conception. No one can deny that after a human being is conceived it will develop into the very same being as those debating this issue. What astounds me is that those who favor abortion went through an identical development stage as the being they are condemning to death. Would these very same people agree that a similiar choice should have been made about their own existence? Abortion today is used primarily as a birth control of convenience because people are too self-centered to take precautions. They prefer their own pleasurable self-indulgence over the care and sanctity of the life they created. What ever happened to taking responsibility for one's actions in this country? Is it too much to ask a woman who has conceived to place the child into adoption? Nine months of discomfort is nothing compared to life in prison for voluntary manslaughter! Does the father of the child have a say in this? And what about the constitution of the United States? Are not all people conceived in this country deserving of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? I believe abortion is a crime against humanity and should be outlawed. We need to overturn the Roe v. Wade decision and get back to cherishing life in this country. For a country that murders it's children cannot be far from self destruction.

Uh-oh... :hihi:

Another abortion thread. :doh:

I'd say take up your discussion and argument in one of a dozen abortion and religious doctorine threads already created.

And from a bit of experience having posted my views, is that nothing really gets resolved nor opinions changed and/or enlightened on this touchy subject.

That is all. ;)

You can disagree with abortion all you want, but the moment you try to force your own morality set onto others using the legislative process you become wrong.

It's not your choice. It's the choice of the female carrying that parasite inside of her if she wishes to terminate it or carry it to term... Despite how morally outraged that makes YOU.

It's not your choice. It's the choice of the female carrying that parasite inside of her if she wishes to terminate it or carry it to term... Despite how morally outraged that makes YOU.

One would like to think that the male, who helped create the pregnancy and has a huge stake in the responsibility of "it", has some say in the matter. :hihi: :doh:

But alas, we are merely more than pollinators. Our sperm to be used as the woman sees fit... ;)

Ahh.....The morality of saving the lives of the unborn for the sake of humanity, ignoring the lives of the sick, the poor, and the downtrodden for the sake of taxes, and destroying the lives of soldiers and innocent civilians in foreign lands for the sake of capitalism and patriotism.

The sanctity of life is a value judgement.

What's important about the abortion laws as they currently exist is that no matter what your position with regard to this issue, you are protected.

What Right-To-Lifers fail to understand is that the only person faced with a decision in a pregnancy is the mother. It is her body. And while I would agree that a human life is created at the moment of conception, the experience of life does not begin until birth. The unborn have no way of reconciling their existance. Their life is ultimately dependent on her, whether by her voluntary decision, or an involuntary miscarriage. And if their life is taken, she is the only one of the two that knows what was lost.

With this in mind, the mother may find herself in a position of having to make a value judgement of whether to keep or terminate the pregnacy. It is a decision that she will have to live with for the rest of her life. The circumstances surrounding that decision are for her alone to consider. This is why there is resistance to the imposition of the morality of others who are removed from the situation.

I posit that abortion is rarely an easy decision, as opposed to what JOEBIALEK would imply. Nearly all of the women that I know who have had one have anguished over their decision. Using the law in an attempt to force birth is what I consider immoral. So we are at an impass. Who's right and who's wrong? What do we do?

Leave it be.....and move on.

On this 35th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision, I would like to share my views on the issue of abortion.

Life begins at the point of conception. No one can deny that after a human being is conceived it will develop into the very same being as those debating this issue. What astounds me is that those who favor abortion went through an identical development stage as the being they are condemning to death. Would these very same people agree that a similiar choice should have been made about their own existence? Abortion today is used primarily as a birth control of convenience because people are too self-centered to take precautions. They prefer their own pleasurable self-indulgence over the care and sanctity of the life they created. What ever happened to taking responsibility for one's actions in this country? Is it too much to ask a woman who has conceived to place the child into adoption? Nine months of discomfort is nothing compared to life in prison for voluntary manslaughter! Does the father of the child have a say in this? And what about the constitution of the United States? Are not all people conceived in this country deserving of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? I believe abortion is a crime against humanity and should be outlawed. We need to overturn the Roe v. Wade decision and get back to cherishing life in this country. For a country that murders it's children cannot be far from self destruction.

Quit kidding yourself . There is nothing sacred about the human race. They are the most 'savage' creatures on the planet.

You can point to Joe Stalin as the most savage of all the predators.

Then include the rest of the genocidal predators, the savage reasearch laboratories , the destruction of all the animal habitats and the slaughter of innocent animals like the 40 million head of the American buffaloes.

In Nature, that is my teacher and God, abortion happens wholesale in the oceans and seas 'food chain', where the newborns are mostly consumed as food .

On land, the predators all commit 'post' abortions and mainly done by the males.

So quit promoting yourself as a saint.

Mike C

One would like to think that the male, who helped create the pregnancy and has a huge stake in the responsibility of "it", has some say in the matter. :D :D

But alas, we are merely more than pollinators. Our sperm to be used as the woman sees fit... :D

You should be glad she gives you relief for your biological necessity.

Most of it is being flushed down the toilet with the rest of the waste.

Mike C

Hi Joe! You can have you're views on abortion all you like, that's NOT the question regaurding abortion. The Question regaurding abortion, is why should your views be forced to by body?

There are 6.5 billion people. We're not exactly rebuilding after the blood.

Accidents happen, condoms break, rape occurs, incest, there are many many factors that *you* failed to mention.

And Humans are anything but sacred and beautifull, we're destroying the planet millions of little steps at a time.

• 1 month later...