Science Forums

Homemade Medicine: Practical Application

Racoon

I started making homemade medicine! :) F*kk the FDA. They are a bunch of sellout crooks looking for profit at peoples expense..

There is a tincture thread, so look it up if you have time.. But here it goes...

Step 1: get the alcohol and containers... I bought Everclear which is 95% grain alcohol :)

Step 2: Get the herbs you want to use.. For my initial run I'm using Feverfew. I have it growing organically in the yard, and its for migraines, headaches, and fever. :evil::rolleyes:

Step 3 Mix the ingredients and let it brew for about 6 months! ;)

Voila! :evil:

Have you worked with Calea Zacatechichi?

Dream herb that I just made a tincture out of.

Except I only waited 3 weeks and then reduced to 1/3 original volume.

Really opens up the third eye.

I haven't :) Whats it like?

I also plan on making some 'Green Dragon' tincture as well. :turtle:

If and when you read about the FDA, it will make you sick, literally.

I take 1 tsp a few hours before I go to sleep and let it absorb in my mouth usually with some water to dilute then swallow.

Enhances the vividness of my dreams (lots of erowid reports, too)

I also smoke it. At the right dose the only effects I notice are when I close my eyes I see very detailed visions. Rather than the color blobs I normally see. This is one indication that your third eye is open :]

I would also like the add that the entire time I've been a vegetarian (about 6 months) I havn't been sick at all. (Daily yoga practices and experimental martial art as well :turtle:

I usually always have strep throat, and extremely sickening stomach problems. I've been this way my whole life and it just happened over and over until I stopped drinking cow milk and eating mass distributed dead animals.

:)

A bit off-topic, but curiosity compels me to ask – who is the little idol in the picture?

He’s not the usual Ganesh the Hindu-ish herbalists I know favor as a “patron avatar of medicine”.

I grew up around Ganesh. My dad was an Army surgeon who spent a few years in Cambodia and Viet Nam in the 1950s, where Ganesh idols were a traditional gift given to visiting physicians, so he wound up with a lot of them, which I saw all around my childhood home. To this day, when I see Ganesh, I have a faint feeling of being spoken to – always good, Ganesh-y things, of course :)

whats DMSO?

Dimethyl Sulfoxide is truly bizarre stuff. It is banned by the FDA because long ago they immersed rats for months in it and some of them got cancer... It is a magical cure for minor burns, and you can get it for veterinary use only (I have friends in the horse business...).

Its other odd effect is that it has an amazing ability to go through your skin like its not even there. You put some on your skin and you can taste it in your mouth in about 60 seconds (and it smells/tastes absolutely awful!). As such its been used as a mechanism to deliver drugs directly through the skin, and as such it should be used with great care: it can basically cause you to overdose from what should not be toxic amounts of substances that would be metabolized more slowly when taken orally.

This one comes with a huge "DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME" warning on it....that is, if you do, KNOW what you're doing before you do it...

Ouch, oh much better, :rainumbrella:

Buffy

...it is widely available in the paint sections of most hardware stores, where it is sold as a solvent. :doh: :evil:

Gosh, *whatever* you do get the veterinary stuff! You don't know *what* that stuff at the hardware store is cut with!!!! :sun:

Be careful out there, :rainumbrella:

Buffy

Outlawed in the US for pharmacological use

well not exactly outlawed, just not beloved :rainumbrella: it takes money out of Big Pharma pocket. Easily gotten at any horse supply, healthfood store etc. Now used in many of the transdermal patches that are prescribed. Has been used in cystic kidney disease. Transport of organs from donors, etc.

I have used it for 20+ years. Do a search, it is truly worth learning about.

"A mind is too wondrous a thing to waste, be careful out there"

Gosh, *whatever* you do get the veterinary stuff! You don't know *what* that stuff at the hardware store is cut with!!!! :read:

Be careful out there, :turtle:

Buffy

Well, I did use the double winkacon (:D;)) to indicate the brands are the same. To get around the 'ban', it's just stocked in the paint section.

Whatever brand you use, cleanliness is key in preventing unwanted chemicals on the skin from mixing with the DMSO and going along for the the trans-dermal ride. Wash & rinse & dry thouroughly the area you intend to apply the DMSO. :hyper:

cleanliness is key in preventing unwanted chemicals on the skin from mixing with the DMSO and going along for the the trans-dermal ride. Wash & rinse & dry thouroughly the area you intend to apply the DMSO.

True true Turtle... :piratesword:

Another home fix is Cayenne pepper on a cut, stops bleeding very nice...

as a gardener and cook I use it all too often :phones:

I posted this at a Terra preta page. Great info for self-starters. (This is an interesting story about how to undo burns if or when the need arises, it is AMAZING and I have tried it and proved to myself at least for some burns this will work! )

The President's Sphere -Fighting Fire With Fire

*Editor's Note: We are NOT medical professionals and would advise you to contact your doctor at the first sign of any burn.

Whatever brand you use, cleanliness is key in preventing unwanted chemicals on the skin from mixing with the DMSO and going along for the the trans-dermal ride. Wash & rinse & dry thouroughly the area you intend to apply the DMSO. :cup:

I argue its somewhat more than that. What you find in the paint section is nothing like what the vets use on horses.

Otherwise Rac could save a tremendous amount of money by using Rubbing Alcohol instead of Everclear! :eek2:

But no perfection is so absolute, That some impurity doth not pollute, :phones:

Buffy