Science Forums

The sound post

DFINITLYDISTRUBD

Been jiving on this (among other things) lately...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bibXZUZVonw

Whipped out the old guitar and picked out the bass line.

Start on the high-e and move from position 5 (A) to 3 (G). And then walk down from position 5-3 on the b-string and end it with a 5-3 on the g-string. (I think...)

Edit: Ahh...got it now...from 5 to 3 on high E...5-4-3 on b string...5-4-2 on g string...translate as needed...

The guitar part itself is super easy...just play a power chord and slide it around until it sounds right...;) (ok...fine...try an A9) Whoops...appears to be an F chord...

The guitar part itself is super easy...just play a power chord and slide it around until it sounds right...;) (ok...fine...try an A9) Whoops...appears to be an F chord...
Lol! Don't worry I don't know the difference any way :D

You'd think at some point I would have learned such things....but....so far haven't needed to...I gots chord charts, occasionally even use them...but...tis far easier for me to just play things as I hear them....sooooo....basically I just use them when only printouts or descriptions of tunes are available...always seems there are much easier ways to get the same sounds than the finger "Twister" games some chords and progressions expect of a player...'sides carpal tunnel and arthritis tend to make things difficult enough as it is, a phalanges contortionist I ain't. lol!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nQmn876Vygs

Dammit! sidetracked again!

I love how relatively simple basslines and percussion can drive the snot out of a tune....down right infectious!!!!

Great now I NEED to find......I'll be back to finish in a sec.....crap sidetracked again!!! [doh!]

Ah...that's betta B)

Trapped inside....way too cold and white out......PERFECT!

Would be a great day for writing if my head would stop throbbing and spinning...oh well I write any way...bad start, upper cab fell off the stack and hit my cello :angry: (the dangers of very loud bass lines!!!!! and of course poor stacking technique!!!) lesson learned, heads don't belong in the middle!!!!! (BUT WHY!!? oh why, it looks so much better that way and is so much easier to tweak whilst sitting.....there must be a solution.)...no real damage, just knocked a string out of tune and scuffed the finish on the edge...still miffed tho :angry: it would have been far better if it had hit my crappy acoustic guitar. (of course not falling at all would have been preferred, oh well.)

More fun, my mrs caught me jamming to P/H Whiter Shade of Pale...no idea why I got so embarrassed, but as usual completely threw me off...fingers not working right now...why oh why does it screw me up so? It's not like she would think less of me, and she practices on the piano all the time not caring one bit how she sounds...great, now I'm jealous of me mrs again....

To think when I was younger I performed in front of people all the time not phased in the least by their presence, or even the occasional jeers from hecklers. At home the amps were always maxed out and my guitar could be heard from great distances...no fear, never nervous, not a thought to what anyone would think...What the hell happened?

Oh well I dunno. Back to the grindstone.

BTW, Mr Turtle, some of your fancy charts with the zig-zag lines fit over the fretboard very nicely, and in an interesting sort of way even are very close to patterns I frequently play.....fascinating! Still looking for the best way to use the colored box ones as well. On the zig-zags is there an assigned starting point and order the lines follow from box to box? And how is the order assigned? (I still have no idea how the math works, not enough attention span to keep everything in my head reading the thread...by the time I get anywhere I forget what I read earlier.

Trapped inside....way too cold and white out......PERFECT!

Oh well I dunno. Back to the grindstone.

BTW, Mr Turtle, some of your fancy charts with the zig-zag lines fit over the fretboard very nicely, and in an interesting sort of way even are very close to patterns I frequently play.....fascinating! Still looking for the best way to use the colored box ones as well. On the zig-zags is there an assigned starting point and order the lines follow from box to box? And how is the order assigned? (I still have no idea how the math works, not enough attention span to keep everything in my head reading the thread...by the time I get anywhere I forget what I read earlier.

trapped inside...way too warm and brite out.....just ok! :lol:

better tell me the image/file name(s) of the one(s) you are interested in. the tables all have an assigned starting point and they repeat foreverrrrrrr.........

i grinded my nib & out this came:

Ok let's try this

http://scienceforums...96_98_11112.jpg

Three down on the left :mod fifteen residues of powers

mod fifteen residues of powers: first past the colored boxed. http://scienceforums...96_98_33982.jpg

Ah, so I can just copy and paste...i think....WTF?!? I must enter a post?!!?!?!?!? ok, that's f*n stupid...It won't let me post claiming "you must enter a post"

stupid friggin site!!!!

let's try again!

Ok,...

AHA!!!!!!! I see a pattern!!!!! You sly devil!!

how durst they! :lol: ok; the zig-zaggy parts are separations from the main repeating part, like the 3rd down on left one you asked about is all the 9's (white squares) in position and then a line drawn from every square to every other square. (see attachment. ) i just did those 'cause i could and they have no mathematical _or musical?- significance that i have ever found. i did a lot of them so i could compare them is all. :clue:

how durst they! :lol: ok; the zig-zaggy parts are separations from the main repeating part, like the 3rd down on left one you asked about is all the 9's (white squares) in position and then a line drawn from every square to every other square. (see attachment. ) i just did those 'cause i could and they have no mathematical _or musical?- significance that i have ever found. i did a lot of them so i could compare them is all. :clue:

But they are musical!:D I get very groovy tones and tunes from them either by playing each square as a note or chord...am curious at so the proper order of following from box to box.

still working on the colored boxes though...havent decided how exactly I will use them yet.

EDIT! :colored boxes surprisingly musical by merely following from first box across to the end of the first line and repeating in the same manor until hitting the last box on the bottom...though some repetition occurs where letters are same as position of same note.....I dunno....7 letters but 80 available positions on the fret board but 18 are repeats (or something like that anyway) ....I dunno....well ignoring use of a capo...hmmm...actually a great deal more repeats.....hmmmmm....it would seem only 9 positions of the eighty have no duplicates the lowest 4 notes and the highest 5 notes....hmmmm......it would assume best to assign the numbers to fret and the letters to notes...with everything over five moved to the next string Ie. 7 would be second string second fret....which oddly enough is a match for 1'st string seventh fret!:lol: perhaps adding numbers adjacent to letters....hmmmmmmm...nah!

But they are musical!:D I get very groovy tones and tunes from them either by playing each square as a note or chord...am curious at so the proper order of following from box to box.

still working on the colored boxes though...havent decided how exactly I will use them yet.

for the zig-zags the order of line drawing is anything goes. work it...work it good.

for the colored boxes [staying with the mod 15 table] i have attached the block of boxes that repeats foreverrrrrrr... :lol: the order here is left-to-right & top-to-bottom. so all of first row to right-end, then all of second row to end, etc. . there are 15 possible colors/numbers and the letters in boxes are numbers, not notes. A=10;B=11;C=12:D=13;E=14:F=15 (obviously you can make notes of them as you please, play backwards, up & down or whatever strums your nose-hairs. :note:)

for the zig-zags the order of line drawing is anything goes. work it...work it good.

for the colored boxes [staying with the mod 15 table] i have attached the block of boxes that repeats foreverrrrrrr... :lol: the order here is left-to-right & top-to-bottom. so all of first row to right-end, then all of second row to end, etc. . there are 15 possible colors/numbers and the letters in boxes are numbers, not notes. A=10;B=11;C=12:D=13;E=14:F=15 (obviously you can make notes of them as you please, play backwards, up & down or whatever strums your nose-hairs. :note:)

ROATFL! That's oddly enough how I said I was playing them! BTW 10 = D, 11=D/E, 12=E, 13=E/F 14=F 15=G or something like that :P