Science Forums

Intel's roadmap

Trinary base? Whats that? Sounds like it's meant to be 3 cores in 1. I know that both intel and AMD are going dual cores. Intel's said to be out in the middle of 05 with AMD towards the end. Intel initially stated that their dual cores will be on the LGA775 platform, but they've since taken these postings down by the looks of things. AMD seems fuzzy and no body seems to know anything except that they'll be more rectangular in shape probably pointing to something different than s939. AMD also seems to be hinting that they're brining out a new platform (socket M) sometime late 05 or early 06

*geko mumbles not really caring as he has faith in his s939 lasting plenty long enough ;) *

Personally i dont think i have an opinion on who i like better. Im on AMD at the mo. The reason i went AMD is because the 939 platform had more upgradability than the lga775 did when i bought it (plus 64 bit os support). But now there's actually no difference as far as i can see, apart from amd's running cooler and being more user friendly with overclocking than intels. In fact in my humble opinion lga775 would be the better platform to buy into at the moment with regard to upgradability.

A roadmap to Intel's plans for it's processors has been published online...in Japanese.

Luckily Google can translate it for us.

Check it out

;)

How lame, my local company's server decided to restrict my access to that link. :(

I will have to look at this at home.

I too prefer AMD Athlon archecture. They in general have smaller (spritelier pipeline processing). :(

Naw, I don't think either vendor was planning tri-state logic. I remember my professor on my first assembly

language class, where he was the chair of such a forum on tri-state logic. So all hear ALL About it ALL

semester long. Ughhh! ;)

Maddog

I heard, (on the tele, so i dont have a link ;) ) that they were researching quad core for the future.

http://www.dvhardware.net/article695.html Intel describes quad core Itanium processor

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20040813040951.html AMD Targets Quad-Core Microprocessors for 2007

Sounds interesting. Should be cool to see.