Science Forums

Inventor of Global Warming Caught in Lies

Queso

Canada is going to get more arable land and another seaway; do you think they want to stop that?

A problem factor here is that much of Canada is still recovering from the last Ice Age. Land is scraped down to bedrock as a result. So the movement of isotherms northward will not result in lots more arable land.

Also, as the Arctic tundra thaws it can release gas hydrates. So will shallow parts of ocean basins. For more, see Google Earth Community: Greenhouse Nightmare or Energy Hope? The "hope"art involves developing as yet non-existant technology.

Another issue for Canada is not going to wait for sometime in the future, it is starting now and is likely to continue in the future.

Many of the roads used to carry loads from the north are solid as a result of permafrost. These are now starting to melt and some will no longer support as much weight. I am not sure how big of a deal this is. I am sure some more usable farmland will help counter the economic impact of the need for construction of new roads.

• 4 weeks later...

This program is running tonight on OPB (Oregon Public Broadcasting) and they have been hyping it for a week as a standoff between professional meteorologists who don't accept the global warming scenario and climatologists who say it is fact. I'll be watching and I do hope it lives up to at least 60% of the hype. :hihi:

(TV) Thursday, Oct 25 at 9:00 PM

The single most important reason people watch local TV news is to see the weather forecast. But when the subject of climate change comes up, most of us will experience it as weather. This program examines what the public is hearing from TV meteorologists and state climatologists in the Northwest and across the nation, and how these frontline players are reacting to the latest conclusions about climate change.

Program - Forecast: Cloudy · Oregon Public Broadcasting