Science Forums

Orbsycli's Sounds

Queso

gracias amigo, and

Yes, would love to do some internet collaboration.

I've yet to experiment with it.

Supposedly it's how Arrowsmith recorded their last album? (haha)

I wanted to in the past but I was experiencing technical difficulties.

I'm all set up now (obviously) and ready for action.

:tearhair::hal_skeleton::tearhair::hal_skeleton::hal_skeleton:

Cool, I'll get back to you with a start. It probably will not be until next week because this weekend looks pretty busy, but you never know...

Since you use PT, I'll just send you .wav (or .aiff if you prefer) files that you can import in (I'll http://BWAV timestamp them). We should use 24 bit files and Monkey Audio compression (or similar lossless file compression). Using a service such as Badongo free file hosting, we can transfer the files effortlessly.

There's a variety of approaches to online collabs (I've done several). My preferred approach is a one or two track swap, back and forth, at a time. We basically layer the song together. When we are happy with the fullness, we both have the tracks and can create different mixes to test (or remixes for that matter). For this reason, it's best to send both a dry and wet version of your tracks.

Any questions, just ask. :hal_skeleton:

Cool, I'll get back to you with a start. It probably will not be until next week because this weekend looks pretty busy, but you never know...

Since you use PT, I'll just send you .wav (or .aiff if you prefer) files that you can import in (I'll http://BWAV timestamp them). We should use 24 bit files and Monkey Audio compression (or similar lossless file compression). Using a service such as Badongo free file hosting, we can transfer the files effortlessly.

There's a variety of approaches to online collabs (I've done several). My preferred approach is a one or two track swap, back and forth, at a time. We basically layer the song together. When we are happy with the fullness, we both have the tracks and can create different mixes to test (or remixes for that matter). For this reason, it's best to send both a dry and wet version of your tracks.

Any questions, just ask. :hal_skeleton:

yeah I always work with .wav in 24bit

My rhythm composition is weak. I can shred in key but I'm not too hot with chordal progressions and what-not. s'been my main focus recently (haha django!)

I like that idea. All dry until completion then 2 different mixes sprout. sounds hella fun.

we should do some upbeat django gypsy jazz if you want.

or you can just surprise me with a rhythm and I'll let my fingers do the talkin'.

it would be cool once I learn your chordal progression to then record myself doing the rhythm (change it up maybe so many possibilities yadda) and then you can jive over it. switch off. yeah.