Science Forums

Forum Upgrade

Killean

I've encountered it across a few systems (Linux Ubuntu with Firefox, and Windows XP with Firefox). I noted it today while I was attempting to responding to a post. I opened another tab with the same URL. Sure enough, like clockwork it booted me.

I'll click on a link and when that page loads, I'll be logged out. Used to catch me by surprise and it only started after we started talking about Hypography improvements. I never get a warning when it happens; I just get dropped.

It might be my account settings or something. I've used school computers, my friend's computer, and my own. It appears fine on this computer though (My mom's Mac OS X).

I'll perform some experiments in the next few days and report my findings in as exact of a manner as I can.

I've encountered it across a few systems (Linux Ubuntu with Firefox, and Windows XP with Firefox). I noted it today while I was attempting to responding to a post. I opened another tab with the same URL. Sure enough, like clockwork it booted me. ...

Maybe the catch is that "same URL" business? Try opening your auxiliary tabs to the Hypog portal, then navigate from there to the thread, post, etcetera you want to reference. Works for me that way at any rate. :evil: :phones:

I've encountered it across a few systems (Linux Ubuntu with Firefox, and Windows XP with Firefox). I noted it today while I was attempting to responding to a post. I opened another tab with the same URL. Sure enough, like clockwork it booted me.

I will try that right now.

Opened several new tabs and windows with the URL of the page I was on when I wanted to reply.

No booting. It works fine.

I'll perform some experiments in the next few days and report my findings in as exact of a manner as I can.

Please try to write down the steps you take so we can recreate the same procedure.

• 1 month later...
this was the reply while searching for "planting trees a good thing"

or

"planting trees a good thing or a bad thing"

Try searching those with quotes around them like you've posted them here. When you search without quotes the search engine doesn't look for the phrase, it looks for each of the words and the words "a" and "or" are both shorter than the minimum letter count for words kept in the search index.