Science Forums

Forum Upgrade

Killean

Something is up with "clock maybe" I just went subscribed threads this

(Re: What is the average age of Hypographers? - 06-28-2007, 07:40 AM )

said it was posted today at 12.46am :shrug:

Polls get updated whenever someone votes in the poll, regardless of whether they actually post a reply or not. The staff have been discussing whether to turn off this "feature" for a while now.

Polls get updated whenever someone votes in the poll, regardless of whether they actually post a reply or not. The staff have been discussing whether to turn off this "feature" for a while now.

but it said it was I that posted "today at 12.46am"

when in fact my last post in this thread was 06-28-2007, 07:40 AM )

Can you guys do something about the length of time your logged in without activity? I dont know how many times I am typing a response to a post and hit preview to find I have been logged out.

The best and safest way to solve this is to check the "Remember me" button on the front page when you log in. Then you are not logged out (even if you close the browser) until you click on the log out link. I myself stay logged in at all times, and have never had a time-out while posting.

#3 when i try to put one of my Gallery images in a post via the 'My pics' feature, I get the portal screen in the window that opens and not my Gallery images.

I am having no problems with this, Turtle. Can you post a screenshot?

but it said it was I that posted "today at 12.46am"

when in fact my last post in this thread was 06-28-2007, 07:40 AM )

The search of new threads, or the index of posts with summaries of final poster and time of post seems to be what you're looking at. Opening the thread and viewing the last post, I'd imagine your post shows the correct date.

When viewing the search summary, or forum (let's call it a) "Last Activity" label, it will show you as the last poster, but the date of final response is taken from a different table (or potentially different variable in the same table). So, it recognizes you as the last poster, and the vote as the last update.

While the last post is yours (so your name is shown), the last "activity" was a vote, so the voters timestamp is shown.

Look here for more (as yours sounds like the same question):

http://hypography.com/forums/user-feedback/11522-recent-post.html

:shrug:

The text boxes on the user profile pages, specifically I noticed the additional information section, are strangely formatted. The text cuts off, as if the field has too few spaces alotted, yet the window containing the field is much broader.

So, in the profile, sent
  ences many times look
    this and it's somewhat strange.  If
I recall, it wasn't lik
e this before.

:bouquet:

I'm not seeing this at all, Inf. Maybe it's a bug with some browsers.

Well, I DO use IE. :singer:

Here are screenshots of my and your profile pages. You can see it's just not formatted right. Notice the strange spacing and how the text wraps very quickly, despite the appearance of extra available space to the right.

As I mentioned, it's not a big deal, just different than it was before the upgrade. Thanks for all of your efforts already. :shade:

My profile page:

Tormod Profile Page: [ATTACH]1657[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...
Problems with the gallery popup script should potentially be fixed now. If there are any further problems, please let us know.

Thanks.

Hey Killean. :D While perusing the 'Who's Online' I clicked on a 'Viewing Gallery' entry and found a screen I've never seen. a list of who posted to a thread?

At other times, clicking 'Gallery Index', 'Check it out' brings up a report screen rather than the gallery image.

That's all I got. B) ;)

• 2 months later...

I've noticed that when I try and open multiple windows Hypography will sign me out. If I try and sign in by the quick sign in (above the forum indexes) no matter what password I put in it says I made a mistake and reduces the number of tries I have left.

I realize that it is possible that the multiple page problem maybe a result of tightening the security; however, it is a bug to me rather than a feature. I like being able to review what I am responding to at the same time. Working with one window at a time is a pain in the Kick@$$Clown.

I've worked around the last part by simply dropping back to the main sign in at the Forum Portal.

KAC - I never experienced those problem. I have multiple windows open all the time, in various browsers, on Mac and PC. Sounds to me as if your browser has a too high security setting!

The login issue is also one I don't recognize. I never have problems logging in.

There has been no tightening of security apart from patching known bugs in vBulletin, and installing some security software on the server which is unrelated to forum use.