Science Forums

Big Bang Research Paper

Noah

This semester for my English class I have to write a 10-20 page research paper on my topic of choice, and I have chosen the Big Bang theory. Although we haven't discussed it much and I have a paper to write before then, I have started to think about it. This is how I was thinking of doing it.

1. Openning, thesis, brief history on how the BB theory originated.

2. Timeline of events in the BB

3. Why/how certain things happened and why it turned out like it is today (to our best guess).

4. Different versions of the BB theory, such as Inflation, Cyclic, etc.

5. Possible ways the Universe will end.

6. Closing

Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome. I have already started gathering lots of papers that I can use for sources for the paper. Once I get it written I will post it here so you can read it and give me some pointers on it

I'll certainly try to come up with some ideas for you. One book I really found interesting was John D. Barrows "The Origin of the Universe". I'm sure you'll find it at Amazon or a library.

I also just finished reading a book by Mario Livio on the "Golden Ratio", in which he mentions a theory where cosmic inflation happened according to fractal maths...

I know that Scientific American has a special online issue about Cosmos thet you can buy online for $5...good value for a good collection of articles.

Tormod