Science Forums

IPhone

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i pay $74, and i have 600 minutes, 5000 knight and weekend, 1500 Text, unlimited internet...

did i mention roll over..... i have like 2000 some odd minutes in roll over

That seems reasonable. I wonder if they are planning on raising the rates for current subscribers as well, or only new ones?

Does anyone know if they're going to do that "subsidy" for folks who are upgrading?

With Verizon, they make you wait until 2 years have elapsed before they give you another phone purchase discount. Having never dealt with Cingular/ATT, I have no idea what their practice is, but I wouldn't be surprised if they said to the current customers: sorry if you want the new one, you have to pay 400...

Also, one critical reviewer at eWeek made the same comment I did: how come no more memory? With all those apps they want you to buy, even a 16Gb phone is going to fill up fast. I've already filled 8gb with music....

Still probably gonna get one though no matter what happens with the above because I'll probably be opening a separate account (the one I have is under my company's account).

You say why, and I say I don't know, :shrug:

Buffy

Buffy, you never signed any agreement for iphone, so it was just like going and buying an ipod.
So ya didn't bother to read the click-through, eh? :doh:

I can assure you you've probably already given away your first born male child...

What, you guys couldn’t even wear one of your tuxedo t-shirts. I mean, I know each one of you have one, :shrug:

Buffy

I was gonna get an iphone but apparently there is no bluetooth

and you have to use itunes to put stuff onto it.

Major drawbacks if you like to tinker.

I like to tinker......sigh...tinkering the joys...

I have my heart set on an Orbit 2 Xda now

which has windows mobile 6 pro on it comes with excell which means I can take my spreadsheets with me and acrobat so I can take my pdf drawings with me.It also has wifi and superfast mobile broadband.

It supports j2me which means I can take my java progs with me....

So dont buy an iphone would be my advice there are better smartphones and Xda's out there already and more coming soon.

Peace

:)

I was gonna get an iphone but apparently there is no bluetooth

someone hasn't done their homework, snoopy?

and you have to use itunes to put stuff onto it

iphone, ipod, they all do that.... well unless you hack it ;)

Major drawbacks if you like to tinker.

and having a c compiler and a shell on the phone, ssh server running on it, emulators, load of documentation and third party software, cross compiler, a fair openness with the iphone hacker community.... not-so-drawbacky, the way i see it

I have my heart set on an Orbit 2 Xda now

which has windows mobile 6 pro

that, right there already stops me from getting one. Besides how can you talk about tinkering and then recommend a windows-based phone?

It supports j2me

lol yes, and miss out on over 1000 progs available on demand on the iphone, sure :P

So dont buy an iphone would be my advice there

cuz he never used one :)

There's something to using the iphone to get mobile internet access anywhere on demand, without having to pay for it, watching downloaded tube vids, reading e-books, browsing through some of my pdfs, and creating a new set of icons... dunno, stick with the iphone for now.... until at least OpenMoko's NEO1973 comes out.

Hey wait a minute

I said apparently because someone told me the iphone has no bluetooth

apparently i was misinformed.

I have never used an iphone and its not fair ok....

to rub it in to the afflicted....

I was thinking of getting one but then I saw the orbit 2 xda and fell in love its a pda its a phone it has wifi like an iphone and 32gb of memory so sue me...,, :P

its all immaterial anyway as my contract does not run out till next year as I said before....

I never said dont buy one....

Just that now I wouldnt buy one... I would get the orbit 2 xda..

although I must admit by the time my contract runs out I will have probably changed my mind yet again.... and fallen in love with something else...

Peace

:naughty:

:P snoopy, not trying to rub it in, merely informing, sorry to have come off in that way. I thought the school-like part was a definite softener, but we dont have a smiley shaking their finger, like a teacher, so i guess that didn't get perceived well.... oh well, don't take it personally, i stride very hard to not attack people, and i'm not above it, i'm sorry if you took it as such :turtle:

P.S. What do you mean you never said "dont get one" how's "So don't buy and iphone" not a way to say "don't get one"? :naughty: