Science Forums

Extracting Ricin from Castor beans?

Ganoderma

anyone know how one can effectively and in high concentrations extract the Ricin from Castor beans for use in a spray? I grow the plants, and am fully aware of the dangers of it. I am also fully capable on handling it. i am wanting to test it as an ant pesticide. any pointers?

it needs to be fluid and able to pass through a sprayer.

anyone know how one can effectively and in high concentrations extract the Ricin from Castor beans for use in a spray? I grow the plants, and am fully aware of the dangers of it. I am also fully capable on handling it. i am wanting to test it as an ant pesticide. any pointers?

No offense, but this is one of the craziest ideas I've ever heard. Just because you grow the plants does not mean you are capable of handling ricin (unless your a professional chemist by trade).

Also, I don't know what the laws are where you live, but in the US, manufacturing ricin can get you lief in prison, and I'm sure there are rules against discussing how to make it.

Just like in the chemistry forums "no bombs allowed". Please don't discuss anything that could implicate Hypography from a legal standpoint.

• 14 years later...
12 hours ago, Jawahar said:

Hi, did you find a way to extract ricin and spray it as ant insecticide if yes can you share, preparation and handeling please. Thanks Jawahar

Boy, you are going to get the FBI after you(https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdok/pr/possession-ricin-results-37-months-prison).

Edited by VictorMedvil