Science Forums

G'day folks [oblig. first post!]

PuGZ

Howdy all,

I'm yet another Australian to join these fair forums! My name is Aidan, I'm a high school student living in the outer suburbs of Melbourne, Australia and I've always have a passion for all things science and technology.

While I may not be able to contribute an awful lot just now (final year of high school!) compared to some of the more educated members, I hope to learn a lot and participate in interesting discussions! :roll: I'm planning on pursuing a career in Science and Engineering (of the Mathematical and Electrical kinds, respectively), which seems fairly in line with most other denizens of this forum. :eek_big:

That's about it for me, I'll get off my soapbox now. :rainumbrella:

Howdy all,

I'm yet another Australian to join these fair forums! My name is Aidan

Oi Oi Oi

"Howdy"? stop watching US TV!

I've always have a passion for all things science and technology.

That's all you need here

The conviction that you can never be wrong is often helpful too.:roll::rainumbrella:

While I may not be able to contribute an awful lot just now (final year of high school!) compared to some of the more educated members,

Youth, just wasted on the young!

(of the Mathematical and Electrical kinds, respectively)

Well you can start by teaching me something about both.

Welcome:)

Ozzie

The Yanks just don't get our sense of humour.:eek_big: (spelt correctly imperialist, running-swine, of a spell checker!!!)

Haha, forgive me! I can't remember the last time I watched any sort of television, let alone US TV! I blame it on the Internet. :read:

Do believe me when I say I can usually be quite sure of myself elsewhere, but I'm afraid that here I'll be caught out for the sham that I am (hah, it rhymes :P) so I won't poke that particular hornet's nest. :D

To be honest, I don't know a lot about either, yet. :P What I do know is that the more I learn, the more I realise I don't know and have to learn -- and the vicious cycle continues! My head hasn't exploded yet, however I expect that to happen within the next few years :P

Speaking of maths, thanks to Jay-qu for solving a question I had been pondering all evening in a record time of 11 minutes. Not only that, he trumped my pointless arctan derivative with simple high-school geometry put to excellent use. :D

I guess now that the friendly neighbourhood admin has welcomed me, I've been inducted into the community. :huh:

After seeing the "Similar threads" for this page, I feel thoroughly unoriginal. :eek2:

EDIT: I've paid for a basic subscription, but I've noticed that my PM box is still limited to one message. Will this always be so?

EDIT: I've paid for a basic subscription, but I've noticed that my PM box is still limited to one message. Will this always be so?

No! The 1 PM limit is only until you reach 10 posts (and it can take up to 15 minutes until the change happens). This is to stop spammers.

The Basic subscription only removes the ads and gives you access to the Club. :huh: