Science Forums

Monster Cables is acting up

This shows to what lengths some companies are willing to go to make life difficult for people.

Monsters battle it out

Monster Cable, which makes cables and wires for home, car and computer audio and video equipment, has filed more than 250 oppositions to trademark applications with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%7E33%7E2611825,00.html

I did have respect for Monster Cables but believe me, I'm ripping them out of my studio this evening.

That someone can claim the right to a word like "monster" is - well - plain stupid. And to act like Monster Cables do is nothing but silly. It may be good for business, though, but I doubt their customers like their approach. :)

This is quite a strange way to spread the word, just like you said, i guess some companies are trying to go to extremes to be published... Just remember a company that was trying to sue all the major hard drive production companies for lying on the labels and instead of counting their bytes, kilobytes, mega and gigabytes by 1024 using powers of 10 to say that a 10,000,000,000 bytes is = to 10 gigabytes.

Nothing really surprises me anymore, especially after EU accepted software patents, i have this theory that the majority of rich, company-owning population of the world is going crazy as the are bored and have nothing better to do...