Science Forums

"Do Girls Like Rocks?"

Garry Denke

I have a polished phantom quartz, with a lovely inclusion that I wear as a piece of jewellery. I cannot even find a piece that looks like it online. I'll take a picture and post it here.

I have taken rocks from the English Channel, stream beds, and mountain sides in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario.

Rocks of every shape and size. But two hold a very dear spot in my heart. One I found on the side of the road, near cutbank river - it has a beautiful fossilized fern impression in it. The other was selected from a mountain in Penticton by my grandfather.

I am teased mercilessly by family members, and have gotten into arguments about my rock collecting ways....but still, whenever there is a rock that appeals to me, whether it be because of composition or beauty...

Into my pocket it goes (or the trunk of my vehicle - when no one is looking)

You might say based on these few things.....that I like rocks *laughs*

I have a polished phantom quartz, with a lovely inclusion that I wear as a piece of jewellery. I cannot even find a piece that looks like it online. I'll take a picture and post it here.

I have taken rocks from the English Channel, stream beds, and mountain sides in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario.

Rocks of every shape and size. But two hold a very dear spot in my heart. One I found on the side of the road, near cutbank river - it has a beautiful fossilized fern impression in it. The other was selected from a mountain in Penticton by my grandfather.

I am teased mercilessly by family members, and have gotten into arguments about my rock collecting ways....but still, whenever there is a rock that appeals to me, whether it be because of composition or beauty...

Into my pocket it goes (or the trunk of my vehicle - when no one is looking)

You might say based on these few things.....that I like rocks *laughs*

Thank you for sharing that, CerebralEcstasy,

your story is similiar to several of the study.

Thanks!

:)

I should have preferred it if you had investigated "Do girls like rock hounds?".:hihi:

Maybe next time, Eclogite, if time permits,

dating too many "Rockers" at the moment.

Thanks!

:)