Science Forums

Indroduction Forum Requirement

spitfire1958

Greetings!

User name is spitfire1958 (My favorite car and year of birth);

I found Hypography during a search for drugs for my aggressive dog;

My primary interests are making jewelry, raising two mini dachshunds, driving (fast at times), etc;

Interested in all topics/subject areas;

I want to learn how to calm my dog down;

Compliments to those who have contributed already.:)

Greetings!

User name is spitfire1958 (My favorite car and year of birth);

I found Hypography during a search for drugs for my aggressive dog;

My primary interests are making jewelry, raising two mini dachshunds, driving (fast at times), etc;

Interested in all topics/subject areas;

I want to learn how to calm my dog down;

Compliments to those who have contributed already.:)

Welcome Spitfire!

I will gladly help with the little dogs. I recommend doing this first: watch "The Dog Whisperer" on National Geographic Channel.

National Geographic Channel - Dog Whisperer

The problem with the little dogs is that they think they are in charge of you, and you let it happen. Watch the show, it won't take long until you learn how to be the pack leader. Your dog will never be happier than when he sees you as the leader. Instant calm, but the work will fall on you to be consistant.

Hope this helps. What are your other scientific interests?

Bill

Hi welcome to Hypography..

Its often stated that our animals are like our children.. given the fact they need the same amount of care as children.. and from my experience.. this statement is deemed to be true..

When as parents we are stressed .. our children pick up on the level of stress and adapt accordingly.. thats why as a parent its easier for me to not be stressed..

Your dog is the same.. calmness in the environment it lives.. will help greatly.. the other side is your dogs breed character and personality..

I'd be interested to know why you think your dog needs drugs and for what .. ??

Ashley

My dachshund has both a hip and spinal problems. I did some research and found he could have many problems some of whic are associated with his pain but others from food and environment. I changed his diet today to a dry food with no grains in it and the vet put him on an anti-inflammatory for a few weeks to see if his attitude changes. He suffers from both fear aggression and dominance aggression. He bites and growls when anyone other than me pick him up or touches him. He is not even my dog. He belongs to my daughter and he won't let her touch him at times. My son and husband like to provoke him and I think that is why he doesn't like them. I have repeatedly asked them to leave him alone but they think it is funny to see the "demon dog" go crazy. :shrug:

I am interested in Astronomy! However, I am currently taking courses on residential design, so Art also. I love music too!;)

I guess it depends on who you ask. Perhaps an artist would say yes, but an engineer would say no.:hihi:

He was not from a puppy mill, but from what was supposed to be a reputable local breeder.:lol: We had planned to start our own kennel but had him neutered not only because of the aggression toward us, but also because we didn't want to sell puppies with bad generic traits like hip/spine problems and aggression.:(

Sounds good to me. I lean more toward the side of science, because I am methodical. I do, however, have a certain love (as do my children) for music. I would assume that music is considered an art as well. Both require talent.:lol: :)

I guess it depends on who you ask. An artist would say yes, but an engineer would say no.:lol:
I have artist friends who would insist that if an "art" required "science" then it would not be "art" it would be a "craft".... :hihi:

Arts are too snooty for crafts,

Buffy