Science Forums

Hypo Jazz Ensemble

TheBigDog

Nice whistling! I'll have to wait until tomorrow to put it the mix and see how it sounds together though.

Do you plan on doing another recording? Was this a test run?

It sounds great!

I'm late. :cup: It's OK though, because I do poor work. :eek_big: Whistling:Whistle: ...gooood. :turtle: Love the trill Winston. :eek_big: I can't for the life of me find any other 'mix' files in the thread! Am I just missing it? ;)

Here's what started it off Turtle.

OK...I can listen to it, but how do I save it to disk?

I'll be able to jump in from here. What's needed? I play, uhm, guitar...and some keys. And like freeztar I have tons of virtual instruments etc.

If I see enough of you all go first, I may threaten to make a harmonica or rhythm track! :cup: If I suck, I can be bought out. :eek_big: :turtle:

PS...I got it saved; fingered it out on my own. ;)

I can play both files, but when I try to load them into Creative WaveStudio (came with the computer/soundcard) I have problems. When I try to load Freezy's I get this message: "Audio Compression Manager fails to convert this file. This file may be corrupted." Pyro's file loads, but plays speeded up. :cup: :turtle:

Nice whistling! I'll have to wait until tomorrow to put it the mix and see how it sounds together though....Was this a test run?

It sounds great!

I should have said that neither of those two mp3 files was intended to "go with" the original "rhythm" piece that you posted. That will take more time. Maybe this weekend. Glad you liked them.

:lol: Pyro

I can play both files, but when I try to load them into Creative WaveStudio (came with the computer/soundcard) I have problems. When I try to load Freezy's I get this message: "Audio Compression Manager fails to convert this file. This file may be corrupted." Pyro's file loads, but plays speeded up. :lol: :lol:

Try to convert them to .wav format first with something like CDEX.

I've been jammin' with it all day.

Going to record over it tomorrow with acoustic electric and vocals (haha)

then we needa get pyrotex in the mix.

Okay, it is finally Saturday, and the pressure is off for a few hours.

First, let me say that the original rhythm track is broken! It only plays about 20 seconds worth and then suddenly stops. You guys have any clue?

But I relentlessly played that 20 seconds worth a dozen times and then recorded my own take on it, trying very hard to stay in the same key.

It is 1 minute 40 seconds long, and contains two approx equal parts. Part 1 tries to follow the rhythm track as faithfully as possible. Part 2 is a little looser at the elbows.

Hope you guys arent' disappointed. By the way, in the middle of Part 2, you can hear my cat, Harley, meow and rub his chin against the mic!!! :hyper: ;)

Okay, I'm disappointed. To keep on pitch and on rhythm, I have to HEAR the rhythm track while simultaneously (and at the same time) recording my track so it will match. :hyper:

Any advice on how to simulplay and record? I guess I could experiment around and see if WavePad and my default music play SW will execute at the same time. [sigh]

Here is take 2. It is much shorter, and just attempts to be faithful to the rhythm track for about 40 seconds. It is cleaner.