Science Forums

What are you listening to right now?

Boerseun

Pink floyd rule ;)

the polymerase chain reaction song!

ht*tp://bio-rad.cnpg.com/lsca/videos/ScientistsForBetterPCR

:):hyper::lol::lol:

Lyrics - you gotta listen now :P but you'll need to remove star (sorry)

There was a time when to amplify DNA,

You had to grow tons and tons of tiny cells.

Then along came a guy named Dr. Kary Mullis,

Said you can amplify in vitro just as well.

Just mix your template with a buffer and some primers,

Nucleotides and polymerases, too.

Denaturing, annealing, and extending.

Well it’s amazing what heating and cooling and heating will do.

PCR, when you need to detect mutations.

PCR, when you need to recombine.

PCR, when you need to find out who the daddy is.

PCR, when you need to solve a crime.

Ah, going down memory lane...This one's on repeat right now...

This is one of the tunes that made me really want to learn more about Brazilian music (subsequently causing me to reprogram my brain to play Bossa Nova style guitar; not easy!).

If the percussion and collaboration on this doesn't move you, then you might have a case of the no-groove-itis. Don't be alarmed, it's quite common, but there is a cure. :)

YouTube - Trem das onze http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rox85NHn5KE&feature=related

Sorry Michael. That literally means my heart. Should have add 'my' in front but just thought it would be un-fun. Yes, my heart plays music to my mind all the time though it may not as good as your favorite 'HEART'...

You should check out Heart, in my opinion their best albums are "Dreamboat Annie, Little Queen, and Desire Walks On". One of my online names comes from a combination of a song title from "Desire Walks On" and the album "Moontan" by "Golden Earring". Fishing on the beach nakked in the moon light helped a little bit too! Nearly all their albums are great to get an idea their greatish hits is a good place to start. "Mistral Wind" is a classic song by Heart.

You should check out Heart, in my opinion their best albums are "Dreamboat Annie, Little Queen, and Desire Walks On". One of my online names comes from a combination of a song title from "Desire Walks On" and the album "Moontan" by "Golden Earring". Fishing on the beach nakked in the moon light helped a little bit too! Nearly all their albums are great to get an idea their greatish hits is a good place to start. "Mistral Wind" is a classic song by Heart.

Thanks mate!

Will check it out.

Jet2

You should check out Heart, in my opinion their best albums are "Dreamboat Annie, Little Queen, and Desire Walks On".

"Mistral Wind" is a classic song by Heart.

Mistral Wind can be found on side two (old vinyl reference) of the Heart album, Dog And Butterfly, one of my particular favorites. Particularly, side two. :)

• 2 weeks later...