Science Forums

First HD DVD/DVD/CD drive.

no, this is what was said:

Half height size capable of installation in desktop PCs.

- Realization of the completed prototype by integration of all the functions compactly including the 3-generation compatible optical head.

- Reduction of the size to meet those of the average current DVD/CD compatible drives through the development of a compact circuit board utilizing 3-generation-compatible system LSI.

Sorry tinny, i said that wrong (you know how sometimes you think about one thing, then read another and accidentally answer to the thing in terms of what you thought about before reading the question), i meant to say that in order to release this thing publically they need to produce a laptop version of the device, they have a year ahead to work on it, I hope they dont waste it. As to half height size, i can only guess that there were a lot of components that go into the thing, and cd/dvd rw's really dont have that much space inside, so they must have had a taller version of the device earlier, but now that they started utilizing the boards more efficiently, they were able to fit all the contents inside a regular CD rom-size drive, box, thing...

Ok, ok, I am...

We just got a G5 in at school, so pretty, hate the setup, hey does anyone know how to get rid of the IE on there? Is it just the drag of the icon from applications to the trash bin? Bash isnt showing that ie is there, but its weird bash so it might not have to, what have they done with the "ps" command, its not right, aaagh?