Science Forums

Music

Gabe Bixler

I do a lot of music production and home recording. Not a pro by any means. I use Ableton Live, Reason, FL Studio and a couple of plugins like Absynth, BFD, Kompakt, and Sytrus.

I haven't gotten around to put up music anywhere yet, but I have a page in the works.

I'll be happy to discuss this! Maybe we could start a new subforum about music technology?

A forum discussing the fine points of literature (Writing and Music) would be an interesting addition. After a dream I had about the forums (is this healthy?), I was going to suggest a forum regarding Psychology and Sociology. I know that the Philosophy and Humanities forum can cover the social aspect of what I suggest, but it seems more fitting to tag it along with psychology (IMO, however you can simply dismiss it if you like because these are the ramblings of a madman whose been awake WAY too long.)

As for music, I dabble in composing a few classical pieces now and then. I am by no means excellent at it, but it's what I have loved to do ever since I was young. I use the software created by Myriad called Melody Assistant. And to touch up the songs a bit I use Cool Edit 2k. If any are interested I can upload a song or two and share.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an older version Roland VS880 digi recorder. I've not messed with PC based recording or composition stuff yet. I have a buddy who is getting into that now though. I would love to learn how to share music over the internet. :) Time! I just need more free time. :)