Science Forums

Explain your avatars!

Tormod

Okay, we've had this topic before but since most of us have new avatars now, let's do it again.

My own avatar shows, er, myself (or some of me, at least).

But what about the rest of you? Alisa's changes more often than the Beatles put out records, and Tim's new avatar is simply stunning.

So tell me - what does your avatar show and why have you decided to use it to represent "you"?

It represents me working at the computer, writing rapports for my physics studies.

I painted the devil thingy on it to show a paradox with my name, asI don't want people to believe I'm religious what i'm not. But when I chose ,y name, I was listening to a song called sanctus by Lacrimosa....

Mine is a recent picture of me in my ‘Shantyman’ persona. I am a member of a trio (Morgans Privateers) and have been performing a cappella sea shanties for 20 years or so. I am sure that several Scandinavians and a few Italians at least have our CD. We perform about 6 to 12 times a year mostly at the Monterey Aquarium, Maritime Museum and Pebble Beach Swim and Tennis Club.

Lee

wow, GAHD's picture of the boxing match is really scary...

pg-13. hehehe ;)

GAHD, did you win that match or not?

It got called because Mike & I were bloodying up the walls too much. I guess it was a tie? neither of us particularly felt like quitting. Bloodiest fight I've been in to date really. Good match.

Mine is a recent picture of me in my ‘Shantyman’ persona. I am a member of a trio (Morgans Privateers) and have been performing a cappella sea shanties for 20 years or so. I am sure that several Scandinavians and a few Italians at least have our CD. We perform about 6 to 12 times a year mostly at the Monterey Aquarium, Maritime Museum and Pebble Beach Swim and Tennis Club.

Lee

Got any samples online? I'd like to hear on of them shanties without having to buy a plane ticket.

It got called because Mike & I were bloodying up the walls too much. I guess it was a tie? neither of us particularly felt like quitting. Bloodiest fight I've been in to date really. Good match.

Got any samples online? I'd like to hear on of them shanties without having to buy a plane ticket.

Just tried to upload an Mp3..No success...might be too big?? Will work on it. Tormod? Maybe I could upload to third party site? I have ten on my HD in Mp3 format 1/2 to 2.1meg in size each.

Lee

Just tried to upload an Mp3..No success...might be too big?? Will work on it. Tormod? Maybe I could upload to third party site? I have ten on my HD in Mp3 format 1/2 to 2.1meg in size each.

Lee

Lee, mp3 should be fine. There is a 6 megabyte limit (as in 6,000,000 bytes).

Can you e-mail me one example so I can test the upload from here? Maybe there is something wrong. I did upload an mp3 in a prior thread without problems.

I'll try another one here, if it works then all should be fine:

Lee

Here is Lee's song - enjoy! Great stuff! Now you have to tell us more about your group.

;)

It's only half the song, though (at least it cuts off early).