Science Forums

Borat!

Buffy

Do you find Borat offensive?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you find Borat offensive?

• Racist, anti-semitic, misogynist hate speech!
    • "is completely incompatible with ethics and civilized behavior of Kazakhstan people!"
    • Nyet, in Russia we say is not possible to offend Kazakhstan.
    • Wait, isn't he Jewish? Isn't that, uh, satire?

• 4 weeks later...

Well I went and saw this movie last night, I must say it was possibly one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I couldnt take offence to any of it because it was just so damn silly! I see how some people could take offence, he is getting a laugh at the expense of other peoples uncomfortability.. but I just found it funny :naughty:

I thought the movie was absolutely hysterical! I laughed so much, it made my stomach hurt. :phones:

It was interesting that the audience laughed loudly at all the jokes aimed at Jews, but suddenly fell silent when the humour was directed at Christians. Funny how people are very willing to laugh at others, but not at themselves. :naughty:

It was interesting that the audience laughed loudly at all the jokes aimed at Jews, but suddenly fell silent when the humour was directed at Christians. Funny how people are very willing to laugh at others, but not at themselves. :confused:

A very wise and insightful comment, indeed. If I hadn't repped you recently for an exploding sperm joke in the strongest material thread, I'd have done it here.

Self-deprecation is not when you poo on yourself... ;)

:cup:

Not interested at all because from the clips I've watched, it seems more moronic than funny. Some folks are actually suing over the film, and I don't really blame them (am fairly amazed the guy managed to avoid any beatings).

Just my opinion of course, different strokes for different folks I guess. :confused:

[EDIT] BTW I didn't vote as there was no "Too stupid to be funny" option. :circle:

moo