Science Forums

Rome/Greece

asimon2006

Romans used concrete without reinforcement in building.

Roman roads were used for centuries by others.

Roman conquests had negative impacts for conquered peoples (Gauls and Carthiginians).

Greek architecture was very appealing visually.

Greek thinkers/scientists/writers gave the world new ideas, inventions, and stories).

Greek society allowed slavery and democracy/citizenship did not extend to all in society.

asimon, really, i dont mean to offend you, you are welcome to post anywhere you want, i just think that you would get more responses in the homework section.

With your permission, i'll give the thesis a try:

Romans gave us our society, politics, laws, religion, customs and language we use to write this very sentence; Greeks gave us math, philosophy, architectural art, and great stories of mythical beasts in an eternal fight with Gods.

actually before i can improve on this, can you give us some guidelines as to what you want your thesis to say?

I know it is a kind of bumpersticker statement, but how about this : "While Greece brought us sience, which is learning for the sake of learning, Rome brought us engeneering, which is the application of science to dayly life" Or compare the Greeks building temples, with the Romans building public baths.

I know it is a kind of bumpersticker statement, but how about this : "While Greece brought us sience, which is learning for the sake of learning, Rome brought us engeneering, which is the application of science to dayly life" Or compare the Greeks building temples, with the Romans building public baths.