Science Forums

History repeats itself

stanleyg

Instead of playing guessing games about the consequences of what you are still insisting on doing, why don't you just behave yourself and get it over with?

p. s. and learn to count!

Because Q, if I did, I would actually be breaking the forum rules. Why don't you send me a private message (like Buffy did) if you want to abide by your own rules. If you ask Buffy you won't even have to do that.

BTW, I received one 10 point penalty and the 2x2 point penalties.

But, you said "Does that go the same for people who use childish juvenile fake html tabs?" and you've still not provided one example of these supposed people.

Hello C1ay,

I have just responded to Q. If you really want me to I will tell you here, although I prefer discretion.

Further to this forums topic:-

The Japanese constitution is one example of a 'RULE BY LAW' constitution that was introduced through a fear of potential communist takeover under a truly democratic state (by MacArthur).

Another post WWII example is the German Basic Law, and all of the modifications made so that Germany could become a US ally in the cold war.

Other examples are all of the european nations whose politicians have subverted their own systems of government to a higher power (and modified their legislation accordingly) without the express approval of their people via majority yes votes at referendums.

The common factors in all of these instances are (1) They are so similar to the operation of computer viruses and worms that it's not funny (Australias unratified change to our sovereignty status can only be changed by our politicians (or so our politicians say), code red anybody?); (2) it is much easier to control a small number of politicians than the will of the people (why control the users if you can get most of the servers) and finally (3) obviously those pesky people and their democratic rights are the real cause of the problem, othersise why would you use 'RULE BY LAW' as your MO?

The real problem for the US in the future is that these countries are of the west and all the people who have been blamed by the collective will of US politicians since the end of WWII are all westerners.

So once again, political correctness has nothing to with it, Globalism/Globulism are both the driver and the manifestation for the western worlds biggest bunch of political/corporate con men to date.

BTW, if you like, I can post a 1000 word essay called 'Code Red for the Australian Constitution' (published in 2000).

Laurie I'm already in contact with Buffy and others, don't tell us what to do and you're not making much sense.

Because Q, if I did, I would actually be breaking the forum rules.
If you did what? :naughty: If you learnt to count? Or if you behaved yourself?

In post 7 pf this thread you quoted me and said:

Let's get something straight here.

Childish juvenile name calling is out of line as well and considering the fact that you have not received one single positive point of reputation for contributing here, you are banished. You are through wasting our bandwidth and our time with your lack of science contributions. Goodbye!

Does that go the same for people who use childish juvenile fake html tabs?

Now, what people are you specifically talking about using these alleged fake HTML tabs? Can you actually answer this specific question regarding your post to me without writing a novel about something else? All I asked was "what are you talking about?" and you've done everything but to answer the simple question asked.

• 2 weeks later...
Laurie I'm already in contact with Buffy and others, don't tell us what to do and you're not making much sense.

If you did what? :) If you learnt to count? Or if you behaved yourself?

Well then Q, you would know that I didn't ask for moderation and would also know the name of the person to whoom I was referring. What more do you want?

Back to the topic. One very good example of how absolute power corrupts absolutely (Rule of Law Vs Rule by Law) can be found in the works of the ancient Greeks, the founders of the first democratic state, Athens. The rise and fall of the Athenian league is told in Thucydidies 'History of the Peloponnesian war', written around 2,300 years ago.

This remarkably lucid essay reveals the two types of Athenian vassal states. The first type of vassal state provided warships, soldiers and sailors for the war against the Spartans. The second type of vassal state only provided money (often more than they could afford) and suffered more and more as the Athenian league ventured on wastefull invasion and occupation exercises, to little avail. The story describes how, among others, the people of Lesbos had all of their males executed for revolting and shows a myriad of different other vassal states revolting, being re-captured and being punished for their desire for freedom.

Just before the end of the 20 year war, the Athenian people were conned into a second rate constitution proposed by (witless) big business interests who were secretly in league with the enemy, that Athens had made its name by defeating in the first place, the Persians.

Well, as soon as the Athenian democratic ideals were turned on their heads by traitorous people purely interested in obtaining fabulous wealth (oligarchs) through any means possible the end of the war and the eventual defeat of the Athenian league wasn't very long coming.

Maybe history won't repeat this time if wiser minds prevail.

If you don't believe me then get a copy of the book, read it yourself, make up your own mind and give me some feedback. I hope that you don't perceive this as 'telling you what to do' Q as I am more interested in your opinions about how the first democracy went wrong by selling its soul to big business interests, and then lost their cherished freedom.

Cheers

I am wiping out this second duplicate message Q and provide the following feedback.

When I am in Edit mode for over (around) 15 mins, in the past I have noticed that I get a duplicate message posted. This was fixed up until today by a 'duplicate post' error message that doesn't appear any more.

Has the 'fix' been commented out or just the error message line (i.e. the message line may be necessary to flush the buffers to the original live file, not another duplicate) or has the code reverted to before this fix?

May I jump in here to mention that, with respect to "history repeats itself," I think I see Iran emerging as the equivalent of Loas & Cambodia in the Vietnam War. Here it comes again, folks, but this time without a draft. I often wonder if a draft would provide the best motivation to bring this fiasco in Iraq to an end.

—Larv

I think I see Iran emerging as the equivalent of Loas & Cambodia in the Vietnam War.—Larv

Hello Larv,

This also parallels ancient Greece but they probably wouldn't have done it at the time if the public had been properly informed.

The ancient Greek playright Aristophanes wrote a play called 'The Clouds' that was a thinly disguised attack on the Athenian high culture of the time.

Two characters Right and Wrong argue with Wrong using sophistry to win the argument for the 'vortex' god. Right argues that someone caught in the act of adultery by the husband faces the traditional punishment, 'Radish buggery' (the term used in the Penguin translation) i.e. being tied down and having the largest root vegetable in the husbands larder inserted into your backside.

Wrong argues that many of the Athenian elites like that sort of stuff and basically called them a bunch of 'faggots' (as translated, with no mention that male-male prostitutes were denied the vote) to win the argument and Right throws in the towel, so to speak (it was actually his cloak). The eventual result was the burning of the academy and the destruction of the 'vortex' god.

It wasn't surprising that Aristophanes never managed to rewrite and re present his play. The key reason is because the ancient Greeks had no social concept of RAPE. Even in the wider 'international' sphere, rape, of an involuntarily conquered peoples resources (including the conquered people themselves, our modern definition), was considered OK.

Even the Athenian elites, despite some of their sexual preferences, wouldn't welcome the involuntary insertion of an extremely large root vegetable up their posteriors. That's history repeating today, in the international sphere, because the governments and the government sized corporates still fail to acknowledge their policy of International rape via rule by law.

While the big money may not be accountable (equity and hedge funds even less so) will the international politicians realise their (ancient) folly and start removing their own Rule by law root vegetables from their own involuntary people, before the people get tired of being involuntarily shafted and gather together to look for the biggest root vegetables they can find?

Probably not, politicians are usually the ones who don't want to learn, and maybe they do actually like it.