Science Forums

Name Colors

TheBigDog

OK, I think it is time to disect what the color of our usernames mean. So here I will tell everything I know about username colors.

This shade of Blue is the color every member gets when they start. Or something close to that shade of blue.

You keep that color until you get your 1000th post. At which time your name turns this shade of black.

Not to be confused with this shade of gray which indicates that the member has been banned.

The other colors and the bolded font indicate some staff position with Hypography.

Junior Moderators are in this cute shade of baby blue.

While regular moderators are in this authoritative shade of green.

Our Senior Moderators have this attention demanding shade of gold.

And finally, we have the Admins, who all have this awe inspiring shade of red.

Now, there are some exceptions to this list. Pyrotex is a moderator, but his name is still in black. I did see his name change to the baby mod blue for a day, but it changed back to black quickly. Buffy (wherever she is) is a Senior Moderator, but her name is also still in black. Both of those appear to be exceptions to the rules.

Orbsycli is the only one with this shade of purple for his name. His name was this shade even when he was a moderator. I used to think it was because he had the most posts (aside from Tormod). And I may even recall that it turned Purple when he passed Killian as the top poster in the beginning of the year. But when Turtle acheived the top post count yesterday his name did not turn purple, and Orb's did not turn black, so I don't know what the purple name means. :hihi:

That is about all I know about the color of member names.

Bill

To change the shade, you must change the group with which you associate in your "Group Memberships" options under User CP/Miscellaneous.

Posting level 1-4 is blue.

Posting level 5 (1000 or more posts) is black.

Staff positions are per TBD's list above, but must be chosen by each member to display that way. :hihi:

Just worth noting you dont get black at 1000 unless you so choose I beleive

Also you may want to take another look at what you call 'a demanding shade of gold' :cup: I know you are colourblind.. but black.. :beer:

Hmmm... must be the browser. I actually used "Brass" as the color to get it to look right on my screen. :esmoking:

Bill