Science Forums

Energy Drinks

ThisIsMyName

If you're going to drink a RedLine product, you need to be extremely cautious. On the front of the can it says "Fat Incinerator" at the top. But if you slip it over and read the Recommended Use label it says "Shake well prior to use. Always begin use with one-half can (4oz.) of REDLINE daily to asses tolerance (you have to become tolerant???). Never exceed more than two cans daily or more than one can in a four-hour period. Do not consume REDLINE on an empty stomach. Consuming REDLINE on an empty stomach may cause nauseousness."

Below the Warning Label goes into the normal "Not for use of individuals under the age of 18" and "Consult a physician if your family has a history of <fill in the blanks>." But further into the label is says, "Do not use this product if you are more than 15 pounds over weight. The consumer assumed total liability if this product us used in a manner inconsistent with label guidelines. Do not use for weight reduction."

Below that it says in big, bold, capped letters:

Freeze & Burn Rapid Fat Loss Technology

Am I the only on that sees something odd about this label??

I'm sure there are different ways to brew a cup of coffee, but there are also plenty of different Energy Drinks. I'm not trying to make this a compentition so you can spare us your witty remarks. If you look in previous posts, I also posted some stats about coffee, so how do you know which is right?

I believe it varies depending on the type of coffee and the type of Energy Drink. It also depends on your state of mind. A lot of stimulants are purely mind over matter. You think of coffee as something to give you a bit of a pep so you can finsih those term papers when it 12 am, while an Energy Drink is meant to give you a strong burst of energy that will help you remain hyperactive the entire day. :naughty:

But again, it all depends on what you think will happen. It could be just the opposite if you wanted it to be. :hyper:

They're right, you're wrong. These things do not have 100x the caffeine of coffee and I highly doubt they'd get FDA approval if they did.

They're right, you're wrong. These things do not have 100x the caffeine of coffee and I highly doubt they'd get FDA approval if they did.

It was I typo and I didn't notice that, thank you for pointing it out. I meant 10 cups of coffee. I was only off by a few cups. Your pride is very irritating. I don't mind being proven wrong. If you're going to keep trying to prove me wrong by not showing me any proof of your own and continue to repeat yourself, I would appriciate it if you would move on to a different thread. :)

http://www.berocca.co.uk/vitamins-and-minerals.htm

Basically its a mix of vitamins and minerals that help your body use the energy you already give it in food, instead of just loading it with energy.

Thanks! Do you think they sell it in California? I'd like to try that out. :)

Your pride is very irritating. I don't mind being proven wrong. If you're going to keep trying to prove me wrong by not showing me any proof of your own and continue to repeat yourself, I would appriciate it if you would move on to a different thread. :beer:

LOL... Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle..... Me repeating myself? You're the hyper-caffeinated, over-stimulated, rush-seeking, typo-writing, attention-needing, sugar-addict who is rambling on through multiple posts in the same thread about the same thing. Take a Valium or a flying leap; I could care less which one.

The interaction in this thread is humerous. We were discussing energy drinks and suddenly it's like someone's mother got called ho...

Let's get back on topic people, or close the thread. :):Monster::hammer::RockStar::shocked:

Every day more and more people become addicted to this yummy drink that is said to boost you metabolism and jump start you day! Yes, they're delicious, but how many people have aftually looked at the ingredients? Does research to see what sort of damage they may be doing to themselves?

LOL... Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle..... Me repeating myself? You're the hyper-caffeinated, over-stimulated, rush-seeking, typo-writing, attention-needing, sugar-addict who is rambling on through multiple posts in the same thread about the same thing. Take a Valium or a flying leap; I could care less which one.

Since when did this topic change from energy drinks to your emotional problems? You're very rude, please grow up.

And OK! We have a new challenge!

Dehydration?

Let's look it up! :)

Here's a link about what will happen if you mix alcohol with energy drinks:

http://www.harvardpilgrim.org/portal/page?_pageid=213,226445&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

actually since rockstar and many of the other double sized cans for the same cost have 2 doses that puts there caffeine at about 150-200 mg for many of these energy drinks that also have all the vitamins and salts that you need to replentish as well... I will say that buzzwater has one good thing... working out and these energy drink dehydrate you... Caffeine itself is extremely dehydrating... so drinking water as well is a good thing.

That's from another forum: http://www.bandddesigns.com/energy/arch/002118.html

To the right it has a list of a ton of energy drinsk and reviews on them.. WOW!!

Here's another link and this one hit s little closer to answering your question:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8698/energy_drinks_hyper_energy_or_just.html

Hope it helps! :lol:

Wow, I've never realized that my dehydration led to my Energy Drinks... Haha, thanks! I'll dose it up with some water from now on... Good question! Yay! Let's delve even further!:)

Mmmmm.... vodka and red bull...

Mmmmm.... vodka and red bull... :shrug:

:D

Do you think that different energy drinks will effect you differently? Personally, I can drink a tripple sized Monster by myself, but then I'll drink half of a BooKoo and get very sick. B)

I wonder how many different ingredients in total are in all the energy drinks. Probably too many to count... :D

Mmmmm.... vodka and red bull... :shrug:

:D

Do you think that different energy drinks will effect you differently? Personally, I can drink a tripple sized Monster by myself, but then I'll drink half of a BooKoo and get very sick. B)

I wonder how many different ingredients in total are in all the energy drinks. Probably too many to count... :D

I used to love BooKoo. But I'd always get so sick whenever i'd drink one.

One time I mixed equal parts vodka and BooKoo(very bad idea). I ended up barely drinking any of it... and having a nasty stomach ache all night.

I always thought it was because of the high amount of taurine combined with the acidic substances.

Let's check out some BooKoo stats:

For Zero Carb:

-All 3 servings-0 Calories

600 mg Sodium

0 Carbs

3000 mg Taurine

300% Niacin/day

750% Vitamin B6/day

249% Vitamin B12/day

150% Pantothenic Acid/day

For Wild Berry:

-All 3 servings-330 Calories

600 mg Sodium

81g Carbohydrates

3000 mg Taurine

300% Niacin/day

750% Vitamin B6/day

249% Vitamin B12/day

150% Pantothenic Acid/day

Carbonated water, sucrose, high fructose corn syrup, citric acid, sodium citrate, potassium benzoate, caramel color, natural flavor, taurine, caffeine, glucuronolactone, inositol, niacin (Vitamin B3), D-pantothenol, pyridoxine HCL, and vitamin B12.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bookoo

Now Monster:

Ingredients: carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, citric acid, natural flavors, taurine, sodium citrate, color added, panax ginseng root extract, l-carnitine, caffeine, ascorbic acid, sorbic acid, benzoic acid, niacinamide, sodium chloride, glucuronolactone, inositol, guarana seed extract, pyridoxine hydrochloride, sucralose, riboflavin, maltodextrin, cyanocobalamin.

Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 8 fl oz; Servings Per Container: 2; Calories: 100; Total Carbs: 26g; Total Fat: 0g; Sugars: 26g; Riboflavin: 1.7mg; Niacin: 20mg; Vitamin B6: 2mg; Vitamin B12: 6µg; Sodium: 180mg; Taurine: 1000mg; Panax-Ginseng: 200mg; Energy Blend: 2500mg (Caffeine 80mg)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Energy_%28drink%29

Well, it seems as if the taurine count is the same for both drinks. But it's really hard to compare the acidic value of each drink.

They're both definately very acidic.

Does anyone else have any info on this?