Science Forums

Word inventions.........

infamous

The subject for this thread is the invention of new words not common to currently acceptable English. Communication, IMHO, is the single most important factor in the evolution of the human mind. Without it, advancement in all forms of human study would have never progressed. New words are being constructed everyday for public consumption, and this evolution of our language is necessary for not only common understanding but also for technological developement. With this in mind, let's push the envelope and invent a few new words of our own.

My first offering: Restudable.......The acceptable character of a subject to be restudied.

When entering a new offering, please submit a definition with it. If this instruction is not followed, your post will be edited...............Infy

Is that really nessecary? Or useful?
Maybe and maybe not.

I strongly feel that such a new unit shall do nothing but bad.
Can you give us an example for why you feel this way?

I mean, we do have SI.
We also have cgs units...........

The purpose of this thread is not necessarily to propose proper scientific lexicon, it is just to explore new word useage. For heavens sakes, there are many recognized words in the dictionary which are subject to questionable useage................Infy